Offline after rebuild

Hello,

Close to a month ago I suffered a power outage that corrupted my RPI4 (Ubuntu 64). Since then, I have purchased a UPS. However, after regenerating my identities and cleared my data from the external drive connected to the RPI4, my node reports as Offline.

I have verified that my port is open.

I have read through some of the posts and there is mention of disqualifications. Is there a way I can “re-qualify” my node? Should I just use a new email address?

Thanks!
Chris

1 Like

Please, check your identity: Step 5. Create an Identity - Storj Docs
Then check everything from this list:

Hi,

My checklist:

1. Port is open.
  2. Identity folder has 6 files.
  3. Returns 2 then 3 when I run the grep -c BEGIN commands.
  4. My Logs:
ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {Satellite ID: 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE, attempts: 11, error: ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12nEmf4A6SzmksgYUiej4Le1NR7BNLWk4pvdXitq2LE8mCdj1uC) at address [::]:28967: rpc: dial tcp [::]:28967: connect: cannot assign requested address, errorVerbose: ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12nEmf4A6SzmksgYUiej4Le1NR7BNLWk4pvdXitq2LE8mCdj1uC) at address [::]:28967: rpc: dial tcp [::]:28967: connect: cannot assign requested address\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57}
2021-07-01T15:06:30.229Z INFO bandwidth Performing bandwidth usage rollups

Anything else I should check?

Thanks!

Your old node might be DQed, but since you have created a new identity that shouldn’t be an issue. DQ is done via node ID, so it’s not your public IP or your computer that is DQed - only your identity.

You can create multiple identities with the same email adresse, so that won’t be the problem either.

According to this thread your “failed to dial storage node” error seems to be caused by a DDNS issue (aka port is not open!). Please double check your port status.
Thread: My new installed Storj Node ist offline (german) - #3 by LinuxNet

Hi.

I just reverified my port is still open:

hmmm…

Maybe something went wrong while creating/signing your identity - are you by any chance using remains of the old identity files?

Also can you post a screenshot of your SNO dashboard?

Hi twl,

I regenerated my identity.

Here is my dashboard:

Figured it out!

I forgot the docker parameter -e ADDRESS=[public ip]:28967

I have no idea how I missed that. Anyway, I saved my commands in a file in the event If I have to redo or make more nodes.

Thank you for all the help!

Chris

2 Likes