Offline node after migration

After migration to another docker host I can open the dashboard but it shows as offline.
Running time is 30 minutes.

What can I do?

Have you updated your port forwarding settings?

Yes I did, and checked twice

What do the docker logs say?

This is the status from the logs:

ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S”, “attempts”: 10, “error”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12KrZZ99svuF7Ym2ZPoV6bqKQhMLWPPwjLoiYe7Z1YpqwbSsoB9) at address xxx:28969: rpc: dial tcp 149.233.168.115:28969: connect: connection refused”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12KrZZ99svuF7Ym2ZPoV6bqKQhMLWPPwjLoiYe7Z1YpqwbSsoB9) at address xxx:28969: rpc: dial tcp 149.233.168.115:28969: connect: connection refused\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Hmm, do you have a firewall on the new host running?

2 Likes

Did you use a dyndns service? And if so, did you update your ip?

found the problem
port is not enabled due to Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router
dashboard port is oben

But my Fritzbox shows it both as open.
Delete and open again did not solve…

Do you have activated the changes, clicked on ‘Übernehmen’-button?

If yes i would suggest to clear entries and start from scratch. I know it’s annoying, but from my experience the Fritzbox sometimes have problems with changing this.

3 Likes

of course i did :frowning:
rebootet the box with no success.

Then i would clear all forwarding entries, save this change and start from scratch.

Worked for me some time ago.

now i did a full reset of the box, same issue. going crazy

i see there is no config.yaml anymore.
Could this be the problem?

Thats it, create a new yaml solved.
Thanks for help!

1 Like

Have you done the migration following this guide?

Step 10 of this guide is about copying two files, ‘config.yaml’ and ‘revocation.db’ .
The second file is in reality named 'revocations.db’

If you missed to copy ‘config.yaml’ you maybe also missed to copy the second file ‘revocations.db’ from the same folder.

I think that one will have been recreated by now. It doesn’t contain info vital for running the node as far as I know, so if it has been recreated there is probably no need to copy it over.

1 Like

Well, i missed to use this guide. Next time, thank you!

2 Likes

So, my second node i wanted to migrate also today has ended in a 2,5m fall down of the disk - running :smiley:

Well, dont ask please.
Let me my good feeling in saving some migrating minutes - i can go to sleep now (its 00:18 here).

Cheers

1 Like

Hope you had a good sleep. :sleeping:

About your dropped disk, don’t give it up too fast. Some disks have acceleration sensors, so the disk can recognize the fall and move the read/write heads to a safe parking position and avoid a head crash.
https://www.analog.com/en/analog-dialogue/articles/using-accelerometers-to-protect-hard-drives.html
Start the migration, save the output to a log file and search for failed actions or thrown read errors.

Thanks for the hint!

Adding it to my Synology USB ended in nothing than spinning disks.

Try to attach it internal later that day.