Hi. I’ve spent half a day trying to get my new node online. Although I spend many years with GPU mining, Storj requires a good chunk of networking knowledge. Hope you all could help me on this rather basic question.
I use x to indicate numbers
My set up is simple: Router > unmanaged switch > Win10
The setting for each step is
1.1 Port Forwarding
Local ip: 192.168.1.x
Local port: 28967
Remote ip address: 100.x.x.x ( ip address given when I registered for DDNS at noip.com)
Remote Port range: 28967
I also set up the noip within my router. The router indicates that it’s synconized.
2. Unmanaged switch
I don’t think there is anything to do with this part
- I follow all the main guide. identity set up and verified.
- Put the firewall exception rule for inbound. TCP@28967
- Get to the dashboard but it’s shown as offline. Also try to change the inbound rule to allow all port all protocol but still the same
- No IP DUC program for Win10 is installed. It runs normally.
Using the https://www.portchecktool.com/
- Put in 100.x.x.x ( ip address given when I registered for DDNS at noip.com)
- Put port 28967
My questions are
- Are there anything wrong with these inputs and set up. Any advice on fixing this port forwarding issue
- After my change in setting, how do I apply setting to the node. Will the node pick up the communication after the port forwarding set up by itself, or do I need to restart PC/ type command line
- what is a difference between IP given by noIP and my public IP address.