Old tower; MSI Z370 APRO /850W

Not even a noob but not that dumb; can I put 24TB SSD (6x4) into SATA and let it rip for Storji? I have solar power so figured I might as well pitch in… thanks!

Hi Dougaf,

You can, but it will take years to fill that drive. If you are fine with that sure, go for it.

2 Likes

Thanks; is that to assume no increase in growth aka demand, great demand, less supply - quicker fill rate?

Just average growth based on historic growth. It all depends on customers and how much data they use. It is also spread out to around 20k nodes.

2 Likes

in short terms we expect some stagnation, but the rest is completely unpredictable.
(tough historic calculations fitted over longterm) there are no guarantees.
if you have the skills (and no other investment than time, and maybe some electricity at night) and are willing to let it run ~18 months, or longer:
(wow, ssd will be overkill, but why not)
Welcome

2 Likes

If you aren’t running at least 6 nodes on those SSDs it would be tragic… but it would work fine :wink:

Hello @DOUGAF,
Welcome to the forum!

The solar power is an incredible solution, we trying to promote it since beginning:

However, as explained by others, the usage depends only on the customers, not hardware. So if you want to put it into work - go ahead, but you may check this: