Out of space - Now what?

And there we are, another SNO full…RPI with 2TB HDD filled in 2 1/2 months :frowning:
Now I´ll only get payments for “storage” and not for traffic…

2019-12-04T08:44:43.839Z INFO piecestore upload failed {“Piece ID”: “ZZ53QPL6PTOOYUSI33BLQQMO6Q24HRP3G74YVKOWWFLBPAGOZNUQ”, “Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”, “Action”: “PUT”, “error”: “piecestore protocol: out of space”, “errorVerbose”: “piecestore protocol: out of space\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).doUpload:330\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*drpcEndpoint).Upload:176\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func1:830\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).doHandle:175\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).HandleRPC:153\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:114\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:147\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:51”}

1 Like

All people with full node, wating garbige collector , then it will be posible delete all unnesosery data.

4 Likes

Hope you´re right. Otherwise it´s pointless to host 2TB of data for 3$ per month :frowning:

2 Likes

If you have windows, you can add hdd and put to node addition, then you not loose serge payouts in 3x and 2x

Yup, i know.
But this is a RPI with 2TB. Hope that is gets purged of unused data for Production.

After all tests are done “unused” data will be deleted. Of course Storj want sell/rent all available storage out.

But we need to test how reliable the SNO store the data to get with the correct metric and reserved into the race.

4 Likes

Completely agree, but how much percentage of “test data” is my SNO filled? That´s the real question :wink:

Probably almost all of it. Right now, almost all data seems to be test data because developers are mostly trying how the system works etc but are not moving big amounts of data.

I have one full node with 900GB and it doesnt get any downloads.
My 2nd node with 500GB is almost full too and my 3rd node already has 2/2.8TB so maybe my ingress will stop this year too :smiley:
But since STORJ plans to be production ready in the first few month of 2020 it shouldn’t be too long before some test data gets erased (I guess).

2 Likes

Honestly hope you´re totally right :slight_smile:

Yeah from what I can tell the vast majority is test data. Which also means that the current effect of full nodes not getting egress is not at all representative for normal production use. In fact, in normal production use, most like the more data you hold, the more downloads you see.

I wouldn’t worry to much about the short term, keep the nodes running and stable and you’ll be a step ahead by already having good reputation when more actual customer data starts rolling in.

3 Likes

Oh they are active, monitored and serviced :wink: they’re ready alright. Let production come :slight_smile:
Thanks for the answer.