Password remains cached when switching to a different bucket

When I enter a bucket the first time on on the web dashboard I get asked for the passphrase.
So far so good.
However when I switch to a different bucket, it gets immediately opened using the cached password from before.
I don’t think this is how it should be as this makes it easy to involuntarily upload files with the wrong passphrase.

Also I think there should be a button or something to clear passphrases on demand.

2 Likes

After having a closer look, I realized that it seems there was a change in the password-bucket-encryption approach moving from passphrase per bucket to passphrase on the project level.

Under these circumstances, I think the way to manage/switch and unset passphrases are a bit hidden in the project menu.

My suggestion then would be:

1. Add a button linking to “Manage passphrase” in the top right corner for easier and more intuitive access to switching and unsetting passphrases.
  2. The link in the pop-up that informs about the possibility that a bucket can have multiple passwords maybe should lead to manage passphrase and not reload the bucket overview.
  3. When generating a new password, it is possible to download the passphrase in a file. How about to make use of this file for setting or switching passphrases by adding an option to upload this file instead of manually entering the passphrase?
4 Likes