Paying with STORJ Tokens

I am so incredibly frustrated. This is almost too difficult to be worth the trouble. I want to pay my Storj Cloud Storage invoice with STORJ tokens, because STORJ correctly identifies my debit card as being prepaid. I was told by support that, " when you purchase STORJ tokens, you can specify to have them directly sent from an exchange to your account´s STORJ deposit wallet address."

I cannot figure out how to do this. I never use crypto. I initially bought $20 worth of STORJ via the Kraken app, but then found that it was going to cost me $15 just to transfer it to my TORJ “wallet” or whatever it is. So I sold that for a slight loss a few days later and transferred it back to my checking account. Now support says I can buy it and have it sent directly to my STORJ deposit wallet address…but how? I’ve downloaded three different apps now and none of them seem to offer a way for me to buy STORJ token and have them sent directly the the STORJ wallet info listed on my account.

Hi @Hoosier ,

Yes this sounds understandably frustrating.
It will be a little hard to trouble shoot this without asking sensitive information about your accounts and wallets but I will do my best to help you while preserving your privacy

I think what support meant is that when you buy Storj tokens on some exchanges, you can designate the Storj token deposit wallet address for your Storj customer account as the receiving wallet of your token purchase.

If you don’t see an obvious way to do this on the exchange you are using, you should contact the exchange support to learn if this is an option there or if they only deposit token purchases to their internal customer wallet addresses.

Which three apps are you referring to? Exchange apps or self custody crypto wallet apps?
You can DM me if you are comfortable sharing this information but don’t want to post publicly.
I’m trying to understand what you’ve looked at so far.

There are always transaction fees on the Ethereum blockchain to move Storj tokens. But there are ways to minimize the number of hops that cause fees if we plan ahead and map the routes with the lease expenses.

Because you said you never use crypto I will link you to this for an overview. It is discussing the opposite direction you are trying to go, but the links may help you have a better understanding of the ecosystem.
It can be frustrating at the beginning of the learning curve, but once you get a hold of the basics it will a comfortable skill set for you

1 Like