Payment addresses

When we start storagenodes, we have to specify the ethereum wallet address for STORJ to go to.
Say I want to run two nodes on one IP to split the traffic between them. I it possible for me to specify the same wallet address on both nodes, or should each node have a different wallet address?

Also, can I change the address later by stopping the storagenode and starting it with different parameters?

Hello @branv and welcome to the forums!

There is no advantage to have multiple nodes on the same IP address or subnet. If you want to run more than one node, you can, but you’ll still get the same amount of data as both nodes would get combined. Our network design requires strong nodes that are geographically distributed—we do this in case a specific area is impacted, we’re able to reconstitute our users’ files. To answer your other question, yes you can use the same Storj wallet on multiple nodes. :slight_smile:

If you are using a wallet where you manage the keys (which you really should) it’s just an ethereum wallet. Storj token addresses are something exchanges may use though, but I would advise against letting payouts go to exchange addresses.

Ah you’re right, I don’t know why I thought they were different addresses, I took that part out. Thanks for pointing that out!