Payment export as csv for taxes and documentation

Implement an option to export all payments (in a given time range) as a csv so SNOs have an easy way of documenting payments of a node which they can also easily use for taxes.

It could be a simple table like:
date | amount in storj | exchange rate | amount in usd | transaction-id on blockchain

SNOs of multiple nodes would still need to bring all those exported files together but merging them is still easier than going through each node or their wallet. (Of course someone could make a script that just extracts the information from the database files…)

A separate idea would be to email SNOs a payment notice on each month, listing payment for each node that has the same email adress and a total payout.
At the end of the year send one list with all payments to all nodes with that email adress.
That would make documentation a lot easier.

I do this now in a few steps:

1. export CSV on etherscan,io
  2. format in bitcoin.tax csv
    3)import to bitcoin.tax (let bitcoin.tax determine the spot price during the deposit date & time of the transaction)

always nice to make stuff like this as easy as possible… so voted… can’t say i noticed this one before, even if it’s not super relevant yet atleast for me… still below the what was it 300 $ where they start reporting our profits to the government xD.

Something like that is very much needed.

1 Like

i already use bitcoin.tax and it etherscan to export the CSV of the wallet deposits. i’m going to be so confused once Storj Starts reporting my income too. I’m already reporting it, so i’ll have to figure out how to not claim that i’m profiting 2x on my tax forms…

1 Like

Taxes, Really? I’m sure few bucks are exempt

I actually created a business for this income so I could make “investments” too. 400-600$ per year is more than just a few bucks. Depending on your country you might need to put that in your tax forms, even though you don’t actually pay taxes on it.

2 Likes

We have users stating they make $100-$300 per m :money_mouth_face: nth.

No, not me. :wink:

For those who’ve been around since the last network wipe and have always had free space you would be making around $60-70 per month. At least that’s what it’s looking like this month so far. Last month was less, but the surge payout more than made up for that.

1 Like

yeah same here 60$ on the dot basically.
more or less every month for more than 3… ofc including held amount…