Payment missing! PLEASE HELP!

The file (folder) structure is not the same, check the screenshot! Is it because I’m using GUI windows version?

What version is your node running?

I’m running version 1.15.3

Is there a folder names orders in the root of the drive D:\?

Sorry Im not sure cause I don’t have a windows node to look at, I thought They both used the same stucture… But it seems like your looking in the wrong location.

GUI stores orders\unsent folder under C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node

2 Likes

I found 5,521 files in the unsent folder, check the screenshot.

How to fix this unsent order issue for GUI windows version node?

Well theres no fixing it the old ones can just be deleted because they wont be sent again they expire after 48 hours. But you can try to figure out why its happening cause be a system issue, drive issue, There is something causing it. What causes it or a fix for it I don’t really have a solution because I havent experienced it myself yet.

As I’m using the GUI windows version, the link you sent don’t have the exact instruction on how to solve this issue!
I don’t have enough time, knowledge, skills and patience to figure out why this is happening and how to fix it.

Does this mean that I will not get my missing payment?
So my storage node was online 24/7 for the whole month for nothing?
I found this very unprofessional, as I said the STORJ Team must sent notification to storage node owners if many unsent orders are failing.
From my point of view, this is looking more like a scam than an issue or bug!

1 Like

Any order file older than 2 days can be deleted and you can observe the log to see if orders are being sent or not.

I’m using the GUI window version, how can I observe the log to see if orders are being sent or not?

Here’s the problem this project is still evolving were all learning here nothing is streamlined, if you signed up for storj you assumed the responsibility of taking care of your own node and keeping it running.
There’s always bugs thats why were all here to help them find the bugs.

You should get familiar with how to look at logs with your node so you can keep an eye on it once in a while.
You can watch your logs in powershell with this command.
Get-Content "$env:ProgramFiles/Storj/Storage Node/storagenode.log" -Tail 20 -Wait

I would not delete anything yet to see if storj will make the payments right.

I’m disappointed. By taking care of your own node, does this mean, I must be able to find (detect) issues or bugs on my node and be able to solve them or be able to identify the issue or bug to report it. I don’t have any knowledge in programming and my full-time job is so time consuming that I can’t keep up with all issues or bugs that are being reported on the forum or the blog or the website.

I signed up to run a storj node because it a good way to earn a passive income and I assumed the responsibility of taking care of my own node by keeping it running 24/7. I even recently bought a 100 dollar worth ups.

But for the critical issues and bugs, STORJ Team must assumed the responsibility of informing all storage node owners so that appropriate actions can be taken ASAP to avoid issues on the node and in the payout!

Did STORJ Team assumed their responsibility, check the screenshot below, Moby, a software developer for Storj said changes was made!
Was storage node owners informed about these changes OR Was storage node owners informed about the potential issues or bugs that they might experience after these changes?

Yes they did and have made mistakes and storj knows they made a mistake this time and now they will need to fix it, To gain trust back from the SNOs that had the same issue as you did. Because you were not the only one that had this happen to.

Unfortunately there’s nothing indicating that the problem you posted is related to your node. The screenshotted problem was related specifically to a node that had expired orders in the (now depreciated) database. Your unsent orders are related orders contained in the flat files, which is a different problem caused by file corruption.

You did find and detect the issue with your node (and fixed it). Unfortunately you found the problem only after payouts. The Storj is aware of the problem with unsent orders and they working to fix it.

This project is maturing and getting better with every release. Personally, I have been supporting this project for over 3 years now. This project is definitely worth sticking around for. The Storj team has always been responsive and fair when it comes to problems, and I am sure they will do what they can to make this right.

4 Likes

So the issue in the screenshot I uploaded earlier was about expired orders in the orders.db file right? And my issue is unsent orders (files) found in the unsent folder that was not sent because they are corrupted right?

As I said before, I don’t know anything computer programming, I step up a storj node just to earn a passive income to help me pay my bills.

Check the payout screenshot below, If I’m not making any mistake, all orders for October was not sent because of file corruption and all files stayed in the unsent folder right?

Looks like.
We are aware of the problem and our developers are working on a fix. When the fix will be implemented, our managers will decide how to fix the trust damage because of those bugs.
Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Using the command “Get-Content “$env:ProgramFiles/Storj/Storage Node/storagenode.log” | sls orders”, I found I’m still getting a lot of unsent orders. Until Storj developers team find a fix, should I try to fix the issue using the method you posted or should I wait?

Yes, please. Because at the moment the broken order(s) can prevent other valid orders to be sent.

By the way, you can use a link to the post instead of screenshots

1 Like