Payout stats wrong?

Hi there,

in the past few days, I noticed something weird about the payout stats of my nodes. I monitor them via Node Exporter / Grafana and they just seem way to low. I am aware of the reduced upload rates but even just looking at the $1,5 / TB of stored data / month there’s something that does not add up.

I currently store 194TB of Data which should result in ~$9,7 total (payout + held) a day but in the last 24h I just got a total of $4,27 ($3,39 payout, $0,88 held) which seems way to low. This applies not only for the last 24h but the last 3 Days.
Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

I managed to locate part of the problem. The current month total (held + payout) for each node increases day by day but then suddenly on some nodes decreases from one day to another. The resulting drop results in a negative value for the 24h total which explains the low reported value on my Grafana Dashboard.

Is this normal behaviour? I never noticed this before and did not know that the Payout value could decrease.

Do you see this on the node’s dashboard? If so, could you please post a screenshot and also please provide a report by Earnings calculator (Update 2023-05-17: v13.0.3 - Now with support for different payouts per satellite - Detailed earnings info and health status of your node, including vetting progress)

I wouldn’t wonder if estimations are flowing, this is why they are estimations. However it could be a wrong implementation on your grafana dashboard.

Im seeing the exact same problem with 143TB stored. Yesterday i had a total of 141$ then it jumped back to 137 and now im at 139. Fix this plz.

If you are talking about Grafana + Prometheus+ Exporter, it is a Community toolset, you need to ask authors or fix it yourself.

But I do not see anything wrong with reducing estimations, since used space is reducing. What are you expect?

I do not think that this is an error in the Grafana / Node Exporter Toolset but a misunderstanding of the storagenode api.

I am not talking about the “currentMonthExpectations” which, as the name suggests, are expectations which can change. The payout information from “currentMonth” is not an expectation, at least as far as I know. It should represent the $ Amount the node has earned over the course of the month and should not be an expectation. Therefore, it should not be able to decrease as only already provided services (data stored / uploaded) are paid. However, it does decrease…

This behaviour does not make sense for me.

Here is an example for one Node from my Grafana Dashboard. I checked the values, they should be correct. The Node has >5 TB of Data which alone should equate to at least the $4,75 seen on 07/19. Including Egress which equates to $0,89 so far, the earnings on 07/19 should be at least 5,64$ but they are not.

The node won’t use the new payout rates in its payout calculations unless it is restarted, causing the expected and already earned amounts to be incorrect, higher than real.
I see the same thing as the 1.82 was rolled out - already earned and expected amount declining as the nodes are restarted one by one after an update.

ahhh, that explains a lot. Thanks for the info!