PC components you use. Quality discussion

made research on this PSU and fail point was 5v regulator that used from prepower and regulation.

For me bequiet isnt even in the top 10 psus even on newegg they seem to not even exist in canada at all…There psus arent very popular in USA or canada for some reason. Maybe thats why I never seen there psus I just see heat sinks and fans from them.

The standby power supply managed to short circuit without the main cap failing? Interesting. I have seen the regulator chip exploded in one PSU, but it was due to the failed capacitor.

A list from Linux tech tips forum that I’ve used as a guide
Decided to get a few Superflower psu lately, work well so far

2 Likes

PSUs seem to be the most under looked part by miners in general, don’t know why… when it can just set in fire you place lol
So personally i only use platinum rated (it pays itself on the long run anyway, saves on heat and electricity = a no brainer imo).
and those have better warranty as well usually, Corsair, i only have the hxXXXXi models (10 years).
not gonna lie, i also have 2 EVGA Supernova 1600 G2 as well but their rating are very good.

been migrating stuff on HP 1200/1500W server psus with a breakout board. on 220v.
I do mining with GPUs as well.

and i just got last week a Seasonic 1300W plat (PX-1300), was on sale at newegg. need to upgrade my computer.

storj more related, HD, i trust WD only pretty much. and i would say stay away from seagate (they just have a higher rate of failure).
i got my storj running for 2 years now exactly and have 21.8 TB assigned to my node and i just got to 11.8 tb filled/in used… i was expecting a much better outcome…