Pending Payouts Overview?

it worked so far, when typing the run command it shows 2 lines and then do nothing.

It seem to work now, I changed the ip in the yaml to the node IP instead of localhost, now I can access the multinode dashboard.

Great. Then I’d say your all set to use it.

As I mentioned when running the “run” command the CLI only shows 2 lines and don´t let me enter new commands, but the dashboard works, when closing the session and start a new one, the dashboard doesn´t work anymore. Also I did run the apikey command and entered everything in the dasboard (with an open session in the CLI), but it doesn´t do anything when clicking the adding node button.

is the last one my api key?
The “3kfu…” ?

Yes, including the ‘=’ at the end.

running the command several times, it always gives me different keys. I entered the key with all other things, but klicking “add node” does nothing :frowning:
I also don´t know why the dashboard stop working when closing the CLI (SSH) session.

Because the multinode binary must be running. If you close the session it shuts down.

Have you run the multinode setup comand?

Also check that the complete node id and api key has been entered.

The setup seemed to work, because the configuration already exists.
But how do I run the dashboard 24/7 without letting another pc run with an opened CLI, this makes pretty less sense :confused:

Yes, I guess.

The multinode binary does not need to run 24/7. Only when you want to access the dashboard. Then you start multinode binary first and after that you open the dashboard.
If you want to keep it running, you can try nohup ./multinode run &. This should detach the process from the terminal session and keep it running in the background.

If you cannot add a node this mostly means that something is wrong with the data you have entered. You need to check that the data is correct and node id and api key contain all characters and don’t contain any extra space before or after.
Also check that public ip and port is correct and the same like from the node docker run command. You have to enter it as IP:PORT into that field.
Now when I look at it again, your port is the public port, which presumably is not 14005 but 28967.

14005 is the port for my dashboard, so I have to enter the 28967 or changed port (28970) in my case, and not the dashboard port? Is there a reason why I always get other API Keys, when running the command several times?

Yes, try the public port.

I don’t know the reason but it is normal. I guess this would also invalidate all previous api keys which would be important for security. But normally you have to create an api key only once.

1 Like

You need to use your external address and port. It’s usually in the -e ADDRESS option of your docker run command.

1 Like

It worked, thank you very much :slight_smile:

I would like to suggest to re-generate your API key, since you published it and re-add this node.

Alright, I´ll do. Could you please give me an example how to get my API Key via Powershell on windows, I tried several commands, but somehow it won´t work.

It should be with a full path. Since you use a PowerShell than it can look like:

&"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" issue-apikey --log-output stdout --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\\" --identity-dir "$env:AppData\Storj\Identity\storagenode"

I´ll get a wall of text using this command, I only changed the directory path, because I run several nodes and each node has it´s own idendity stored on the HDD.

Oops. This is because you post screenshots instead of text I guess :slight_smile:
The option should be --log.output stdout not --log-output stdout

worked, thank you very much for your effort helping me out, also big thanks to @jammerdan :slight_smile:

1 Like

See, it wasn’t that hard. The multinode dashboard has many shortcomings but it is much better than having to access multiple node dashboards.

1 Like