Per Satellite Available Space

Is there a way to separately tell satellites your available space? Id prefer to limit satellites using my space that have a worse ROI on data than others. I have one satellite with 1.97 times the pay per TB stored compared to another and would prefer that satellite use the bulk of my space. GEing from the worse satellite isnt desirable as its (currently) permanent.

Thanks!

You could set up separate nodes per satellite by whitelisting only one satellite in each, then control the allocation. Other than that, nothing I know of readily available.

If you have programming skills and can recompile storage node code, you could add some code for that. But then you’d be breaking node T&C.

Im looking to do this to existing nodes. The vetting time is brutal. Also I have very little programming skills and am hoping there is a way without being disqualified from a satellite. This may not be possible or desired by storj, but the available space is communicated to satellites, I just want to be able to tell them different amounts.

Hi @LrrrAc ,

The official word is yes it is a reasonable thing to want, there is no way to do it right now and its not very likely to be added in the near future unless the community provides a good PR.

2 Likes

Well dang. Thanks for the transparency!

1 Like

Would you say it is more likely that 1) rejoining a node that gracefully exited to a satellite will be made an option, 2) partial graceful exits, or 3) the above request? Or are they all waiting on someone outside of storj to make them?

1 Like

I do not see neither of them in our roadmap: Storj Network Roadmap · GitHub

1 Like

I agree with what Alexey said. Neither appear on the current roadmap, but if the community does decide to provide a PR that could change.