Ping and untrusted: unable to get signee: trust

I’ve this errors:

2020-05-17T23:55:17.677+0200 ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {"Satellite ID": "12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB", "attempts": 2, "error": "ping satellite error: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite error: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dialTransport:264\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dial:241\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.DialAddressID:151\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:117\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:87\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}

and

2020-05-17T23:53:05.028+0200 ERROR piecestore download failed {"Piece ID": "XVKMFKRDRHHWRJNL65ZCRIZYUCEGMDDE3EHNNKWBSN72FDSUQ5MQ", "Satellite ID": "12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S", "Action": "GET", "error": "untrusted: unable to get signee: trust: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded", "errorVerbose": "untrusted: unable to get signee: trust: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).VerifyOrderLimitSignature:140\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).verifyOrderLimit:62\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).doDownload:523\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*drpcEndpoint).Download:471\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func2:995\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:107\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:66\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:111\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:62\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:99\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:51"}

And another node:

2020-05-17T23:55:38.807+0200    ERROR   nodestats:cache Get stats query failed  {"error": "node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 118
UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded; node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded; node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded; node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded; node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded; node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded", "errorVerbose": "group:\n--- node stats service error: unable to connect to the sat
ellite 118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).dial:156\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).GetReputationStats:66\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats.func1:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:244\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func2:105\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57\n--- node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).dial:156\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).GetReputa
tionStats:66\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats.func1:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:244\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func2:105\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57\n--- node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).dial:156\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).GetReputationStats:66\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats.func1:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:244\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheR
eputationStats:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func2:105\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57\n--- node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).dial:156\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).GetReputationStats:66\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats.func1:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:244\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func2:105\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57\n--- node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).dial:156\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).GetReputationStats:66\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats.func1:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:244\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func2:105\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57\n--- node stats service error: unable to connect to the satellite 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).dial:156\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).GetReputationStats:66\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats.func1:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:244\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func2:105\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}

Found another thread with your error message, does this help? Asia-east Suspended/Not recognized

Looks to me like your node has connection problems, maybe a firewall problem on your pc or router?

All udp (exclude system DNS + 8.8.8.8 + 8.8.4.4) blocked. All TCP open without any firewall.

However, it’s connection problem.
I have not saw on my nodes, but I saw such messages here on forum from another nodes, which are offline more often than usual.
Could it possible that your router can’t handle a lot of connections?
Have you uptimerobot setup and stat?

I am not yet sure how it happened but I had the same error after I performed apt-get update/upgrade and the Docker got upgraded. This needs user root. However normally I issue the Docker command for the storagenode under a different user.
When I manually stopped Docker again and restarted it under the correct user, then the error message did not show up again any more.
I have not done further testing if this really is the cause for the error but I believe I had this before and solution was the same. I have always wondered, if the Docker run command should be executed as root.

Normally it should not, otherwise you will be forced to chown data to root, unless you did not add your user to the docker group and did not logout/login

Let me do some more testing, if the error is really related to what user I execute the run command with.