Ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id, errorVerbose": "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited

Hi fellow operators.

Can anyone tell me why i am getting an offline node? This is the error pattern I get in the log.
2021-07-11T01:12:27.597-0700 ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”, “attempts”: 1, “error”: “ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Thanks,

Also, what exactly does this mean: " failed to dial storage node (ID: 1gcGFeymrHMh6kEY8EEvYRHMbAWjtVV2vqEFTT2KovjZUKegpj) at address (…): rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: "

This is mean that your identity is not signed. Please, request a new authorization token and sign your identity: Step 5. Create an Identity - Storj Docs

If your node would be still offline, then please check every point with this check list:

Hi, generated and signed.
afbeelding

Still, getting these errors.
What next?

2021-07-11T02:38:48.609-0700 INFO trust Scheduling next refresh {after: 6h32m58.469672182s}
2021-07-11T02:38:49.051-0700 ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {Satellite ID: 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs, attempts: 1, error: ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1gcGFeymrHMh6kEY8EEvYRHMbAWjtVV2vqEFTT2KovjZUKegpj) at address 84.85.108.125:28967: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert, errorVerbose: ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1gcGFeymrHMh6kEY8EEvYRHMbAWjtVV2vqEFTT2KovjZUKegpj) at address 84.85.108.125:28967: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common

Also confirmed that the port is open.
afbeelding

Now what to do next? @Alexey

Is it a docker version? If so - please, show your docker run command, you can hide all personal information
Place the command here between two new lines with three backticks, like this:

```
docker run ....
```

If you use a Windows GUI version, please, give me result of the command (PowerShell):

sls "identity\." 'C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml'

ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed

“ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id”, “errorVerbose”: "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service)

Thanks

Hello @MonkeyBandit ,
Welcome to the forum!

Your node is offline. To troubleshoot, please, use this checklist:

This particular error is a result of the main problem - your node is offline, it’s become enforced if your node is trying to (unsuccessfully) check-in on the satellite but every time failed because your node is not reachable from outside. The checklist above can help you to figure out, what have you missed during setup.

today I just rebooted the computer. and now I get “ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id” . Win 10, 100Mb, No Ip. checking from another computer (in another network and in another city) telnet ххх.ххх.org 28967 (where ххх.ххх.org- my node) showed that the node is available and the port is open. However, there are no connections at 2h. What can be done?

You need to check that ххх.ххх.org can be resolved to the WAN IP of your router:

nslookup ххх.ххх.org 8.8.8.8

And compare result IP with WAN IP on your router. If they don’t match - you need to update ххх.ххх.org to your actual public/WAN IP either with your router (usually DDNS section) or with the update program of your DDNS provider (for NoIP it’s DUC), use only one method - either router or the program.

let me remind you - my node was accessible from another network, another city on port 28967 (it was checked using telnet) (both by host name and by IP). After a few hours, the work was restored without my intervention. But today-some (most) satellites give I/O timeout, but there are also workers. Is this normal?

I do not see such errors in my logs, so it’s local.
See also https://status.storj.io/

Please, check your external address and port on Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router for your ххх.ххх.org as a Remote address and 28967 as a Port Number

Could you elaborate - what workers? Can you post a whole error? Please, use two new lines with three backticks (```) like this:

```
text of the error
```

for example -

2021-09-24T10:15:42.749+0300    INFO    piecestore      upload started  {"Piece ID": "DK75NXRWOGOLCJQRS2HSRXEWXMTGECXVW6KD4A3VT3IHJMROWB6A", "Satellite ID": "12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs", "Action": "PUT", "Available Space": 889214069760}                                                                                             2021-09-24T10:15:43.445+0300    ERROR   contact:service ping satellite failed   {"Satellite ID": "121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6", "attempts": 4, "error": "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}                                           2021-09-24T10:15:45.520+0300    INFO    piecestore      upload started  {"Piece ID": "LZEPOCBCJT7M7355SSSBMTQOIZNQPTCMYJJYY3UXOTOZ45UZULLQ", "Satellite ID": "12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs", "Action": "PUT", "Available Space": 889214069760}                                                                                             2021-09-24T10:15:47.222+0300    INFO    piecestore      uploaded        {"Piece ID": "DK75NXRWOGOLCJQRS2HSRXEWXMTGECXVW6KD4A3VT3IHJMROWB6A", "Satellite ID": "12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs", "Action": "PUT", "Size": 36608}                                                                                                               2021-09-24T10:15:50.251+0300    INFO    piecestore      uploaded        {"Piece ID": "LZEPOCBCJT7M7355SSSBMTQOIZNQPTCMYJJYY3UXOTOZ45UZULLQ", "Satellite ID": "12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs", "Action": "PUT", "Size": 36608}                  

here I see-the error “node rate limited by id” occurs, but at the same time there is a normal exchange with another satellite - that is, the problem is not in communication. And why is this so?
is this error due to some settings I have?
Thanks!!

The satellites will apply the rate limit to nodes by Id, if they are trying to check-in too often. The storagenode would try to check-in if the satellite said that the node was not reachable after the last check-in.
So, yes, it’s related to your configuration - something partially blocking access from the satellite in question.
Please, check your firewall and make sure that you have not blocking the traffic from said satellite (you should not block any traffic to the port of the node), please make sure that your firewall doesn’t have outgoing rules, if it has, then add another one to allow any traffic from any port of your node to any host and port in the internet.

of course, I disabled all firewalls and antiviruses before publishing these statistics. And by the way - one of the satellites is now showing that -
us1.storj.io:7777

Suspension

100 %

Audit

100 %

66.67 %

in the future, I plan to switch to powerline technology, because there is still a significant packet miss and sometimes significant delays on WiFi. I will write about the results. And get a white static IP. I’m just interested in the project (by the way, the previous (old) versions were able to UPnP, the modern version does not: ( )

more - and why the following may happen - 2021-09-27T07:17:30.556+0300 INFO pieces to reupload canceled {"Peace ID": "N4H7O34KEZEVIID5F56OP7BEPCNYUHUKJ5SOMNGYAEHY5KVDSEAQ", "Satellite ID": "12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S", "Action": "PUT", "Size": 2105344}

The WiFi is the reason. The storagenode is a server, it must have a stable connection. otherwise it would have a low reputation (and you just prove that).

This is variation on subject Error piercestore protocol: rpc error: code = canceled desc = context canceled, your node were too slow to receive a piece and loosed the race.

Please, enable them back and configure to allow traffic to/from the node.

Please, consider to switch to a wire connection instead of WiFi. I’m not sure that powerline would be significant better, I’m more confident in twisted pair so I would recommend to use this method instead, if possible.

Hey, setting up a new node, I issued a new auth token, created a new identity, signed it. I then configured a different port and all the forwarding. I read a good amount of articles on the forum too (and found out this cool tool Pingdom). The result is that I have lot of errors, all the same:

2021-10-09T12:56:10.097+0200 ERROR contact:service contact/service.go:100 ping satellite failed {"Satellite ID": "1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE", "attempts": 2, "error": "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:138\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}

below all the homework. any idea?

storj@storj32:~/STORJ$ wget -qO- https://ipecho.net/plain ; echo

torj@storj32:~/STORJ$ nslookup storj.fornari.net 8.8.8.8
Server:		8.8.8.8
Address:	8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
storj.fornari.net	canonical name = famigliafornari.ddns.net.
Name:	famigliafornari.ddns.net
Address: 87.16.42.219

storj@storj32:~/STORJ$ grep -c BEGIN ../.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/ca.cert
storj@storj32:~/STORJ$ grep -c BEGIN ../.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/identity.cert

If your node is available, the satellite will allow to check-in sooner or later.
Perhaps on start it was not available, or there is some filtering rule somewhere on one of the firewalls. Make sure that traffic from that satellite can flow to your node and the outgoing traffic is not limited too.