Please explain to me! how come "theres nobody else to provide for the price!" (Amazaon hosting)

Hello, im watching this (Clayton Morris: We better pay attention to what their doing to us - YouTube) and im thinking, “What? whaaait, thats not true!?” Or is it?
the guy says that even theirs show is run on Amazon servers, because there is no one else in the range of acceptable price, he says that the next guys are like 3 time higher if he want to change.

So is that what he is saing true?!
There’s Storj out there!
Doesn’t that guys dont know about it?
or there some details involved that i’am not aware?
Can’t they use Storj instead of Amazon, just they dont know or what?
Please explain to me!

Because everyone knows about amazon not everyone knows about storj. Amazon provides servers and storage everything in one place. Storj only provides storage but doesnt provide any servers…

i mean seriously? is this that simple? then someone from sales mayby go contact them?

Well its not really that simple Amazon has the infrastructure which storj doesnt, theres more to just having cloud storage that you need. You may need servers to host all of your data in one place. It doesnt make sense to have servers in one place and pull data from another place.

1 Like

I agree with @deathlessdd - if they need not only storage, but also servers or any other services - they likely will use the storage from the same ecosystem. And yes, if they choose only from Amazon, Microsoft or Google, the Amazon would be cheapest option for them.

The other problem except vendor locks, they also be charged for external egress traffic. So without special configuration they will pay twice, if they would use the external storage: for egress to the external storage (charged by their current cloud compute vendor) and for egress from the external storage (charged by the storage vendor).

But if they would use the cloud computing, who did not charge for egress traffic (are there any?) or it has a fixed price, then using Storj DCS as a storage backend will be much cheaper than any other solution.
It’s also possible to configure their networking in the Amazon to be not charged for egress, if they will use Storj DCS, they need to conclude a partnership though: Become a Storj Partner and Start Earning