Please join our public test network

Don’t worry I am with you. I am also sharing just a few GB.

I’m not really expecting it to fill up, but just giving it some space I have anyway. It’s got a whopping 414MB stored atm.

How can we set this up using Docker images?
Is there any tag we should use or just keep using latest?

1. Create New identity. You don’t need auth token to sign it.
    For windows it would be

./identity.exe create testnode

testnode will be name of the folder and it can be anything. In this way it won’t mix up with your mainnet folder.

1. Follow documentation for setting up second node.
  2. Run the initial docker command to setup files/folders.
docker run --rm -e SETUP="true" --mount type=bind,source="<identity folder>",destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source="<testnet data folder>",destination=/app/config --name <containername> storjlabs/storagenode:latest
  1. After config.yaml is created from setup 3. Add the 3 lines in the config.yaml file
# if true, uses peer ca whitelist checking
server.use-peer-ca-whitelist: false

# list of trust sources
storage2.trust.sources: 1GGZktUwmMKTwTWNcmGnFJ3n7rjE58QnNcRp98Y23MmbDnVoiU@satellite.qa.storj.io:7777

# server address to check its version against
version.server-address: https://version.qa.storj.io
  1. The docker run command is the same.
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 -p 14003:14002 -p 28968:28967/tcp -p 28968:28967/udp -e WALLET="ETH address" -e EMAIL="your email" -e ADDRESS="DDNS:28968" -e STORAGE="1TB" --mount type=bind,source="<identity folder>",destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source="<testnet data folder>",destination=/app/config --name <containername> storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Remember to replace <containername> with your name for the container.

6 Likes

Up & running!

I have received zero parts by now, but it’s online :joy:

My main question is if we are going to have a separate Docker tag to be able to be up to date with testing releases :thinking:

Me too.

Started node a hour ago and 0B of bandwidth but it’s still online :smiley:

Mee too
Cattura

Dont expect much usage for most of the time. As mentioned it is just a testnet :slight_smile:

We’re just excited about data we’re not getting paid for, haha. :laughing:

6 Likes

Joined as well :slight_smile:

Twenty characters must I fill

Last few hours we played around with the version control service. We enabled automatic deployment. One thing that we noticed is that the default update interval is 15 minutes. I have reduced it on my node to 5 minutes like so:

2 Likes

Should the test nodes be updated as soon as new version is deployed or does it follow rolling updates like mainnet ?

whats the fun in that, we need to test the testnet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It should follow the testnet versioncontrol service.

Mainnet: https://version.storj.io/
Testnet: https://version.qa.storj.io/

How do I go getting more then 50gigs on the test net?

Is someone uploading close to 10GB every night? My grafana dashboard indicates that. No it is not a problem. I just try to understand it in order to fine tune my grafana alerts.

for some reason I’m just now seeing this thread…are we free to still spin up a new node to go on this test network?

1 Like

Like this?

Yes, definitely and at any time :slight_smile:

It turns out it was our infrastructure team. They are working on a backup strategy for the satellite DB. The idea is to upload the backup of one satellite into the storj network. For the first tests they are using the QA satellite. That explains it.

6 Likes