Port forwarding stopped working

My storagenode ran perfectly for many months, I have dynamic IP so I just need to adjust it within the config. Today I noticed my localhost isn’t opening, I went to see if my IP changed and it didn’t, I checked if my port is open and it say port closed.

I’ve restarted my router (BT Smart Hub 2) and my laptop but nothing has happened. I tried changing the port number from 28966 to 28967 but that didn’t do anything. It’s still assigned to my laptop’s IP and MAC address.

I have now resetted my router and manually entered the port forwarding information, the port still says closed. Since its midnight right now in the UK, I’ll have to fix it in the morning, I hope it doesn’t ruin my node’s repuation. I’ve reset my router as the last resort, what more can I do to fix it?

Please, compare the WAN IP from the main page of your router with IP from yougetsignal.
Also, make sure that the MAC address from the right NIC. Since you use a laptop, it has a WiFi and Ethernet. I would like to recommend to use a Ethernet if it possible.
If you use a Hyper-V, your MAC address could change, so check it twice.
I can assume that you on Windows, so you can check the IP in the command line:

ipconfig | findstr /i "IPv4"

If you going to change the port, you must change it in the contact.external-address: and in the server.address: options of "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml" as well.
Please, use a Notepad++ to edit the config file, do not use a regular Notepad.
Do not forget to save the config file after the change and restart the storagenode service either from the Services applet or from the elevated Powershell:

Restart-Service storagenode

This may be a red herring, but my SN auto-upgraded about 9h ago. It went so smoothly I didn’t notice, sitting right in front of it, but perhaps sth. went wrong with yours? Just a thought.

I dont know what I did, I started everything from scratch, creating a firewall rule via powershell. It said uptime 2 mins so it did something but port was still closed, I kept changing the devices regardless of MAC address and one of them ticked, it was “Desktop” something name, it said port open and now its up and running.