Port forwarding

Laptop IP. You can do it either on your laptop directly in the configuration of the network card or on your router by mapping the MAC address (hardware address of the NIC) and local IP address.

this is what I get is this correct ?

the router will have two ip addresses ā€¦ one which is wan (internet) and one which is lanā€¦

your laptop gateway needs to be pointed at the lan ip of the router

so these are factors so far I have
wan gateway matches Public ip
Laptop ip needs to be routed to port 28967
laptop ip should be static
is this correct?

WAN IP of your router should match the IP on yougetsignal, otherwise port forwarding will not work.

The Gateway IP on your laptop should be the same as LAN IP of your router, something like 192.168.1.1
The IP of your laptop should be from the same network, as a router, so, something like 192.168.1.45

yes i got that but you asked me that whether your public ip matches your wan ip right so thats what I have sent. My public ip matches wan gateway not the ip address of wan.

well it looks like your isp has you behind their own networkā€¦

basically like you have a lan networkā€¦ the isp also has their own lan networkā€¦
which means there is another router or such thing in their network granting access to the internetā€¦

now the problem will be connecting through thatā€¦ if you are very interested in running lots of nodes it might be worth while to getting a global ip from you ispā€¦

exactly thats the problem because as Alexey said public ip should match wan ip but it matches wan gateway and when i put that public ip in browser it open gateway for another router so is that stopping from opening 28967 port for my laptop ip?

well there is a slight confusing thing about thatā€¦

if the external ip addess matches the wan gateway ipā€¦ then that seems to indicate you are on the same network as the port forwarding testerā€¦ which means you are on the internetā€¦

i assume you got the left side of

of that from your router?

did you change your router wan ip? or mess with that stuff at all?

the long pause kinda makes me think that you did now tinker with itā€¦

oh yeah btw tinkering with this will without a doubt disrupt your internet connection on the routerā€¦
or it mightā€¦ kinda depends a bit on what you doā€¦

i was just wondering where you got that from since it doesnā€™t really make totally senseā€¦

if you are using an global ip as a gateway should mean that you are atleast partially part of the network in which it exists, without any firewalls between youā€¦ and if that is the firewall then it would have to have two nics on the same ipā€¦on either side of the firewall / router / networks which iā€™m not even sure is possible, very rare atleastā€¦

ofc it maybe some sort of redirection of traffic, exiting within a subnet inside the internet without a firewall and the gateway just redirects traffic without really having the data going through itā€¦

been out of the network setup game for a good whileā€¦
but the basics should still kinda make sense

anyways the ipā€™s have be a bit confusedā€¦ maybe alexey well have some wise words.

no, I got this message Youā€™ve reached the maximum number of replies a new user can create on their first day. Please wait 56 minutes before trying again. And no I havenā€™t messed up with wan.

yeah that is just stupidā€¦ i suppose itā€™s to avoid spamming bots or something.

well try using the router wan ip for the node internet ip and see if it will work.

It wouldnā€™t entirely surprise me if your ISP uses the public IP of your CGN cluster as a gateway. But youā€™re supposed to be looking at your WAN IP.

CGN IPā€™s are almost always in the range 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255, so if you have one of those, you donā€™t have a public IP. You can contact your ISP and ask for one, they are surprisingly helpful with getting that sorted. (Tip from another forum user, tell them you want to access your IP camera from outside your network so you donā€™t have to explain Storj to them)

Alternativaly you can look at a VPN with port forwarding, or switch ISPs.