Possibible problem with payout?

i think it’s just random chance, some data will be more active than other…
and there is barely any data at all… could be related to how the data tests are done also…

@Alexey Many thanks for your explanation. Now it is clear for me =) !!

@donald.m.motsinger many thanks for your complemental explanation. I was not complaining, just wanted to understand. Now i understand! =)

Many thanks all for your patience and explanations… now i understand how it works.

It was addressed not only to you, but all the people in this and the other threads.

Correct, I had over 400GB total stored by the end of March.

Yeah, that makes sense until I look at my numbers too and I’ve had over 4TB stored from the beginning of the year. I currently have near 5TB stored, yet my Disk Average Month Storage is 1.69TBm. How is this possible and isn’t it calculated as a total accumulated?

This is because it counts storage used so far this month. 4TB stored for half a month would be 2TBm. We’re not halfway through the month yet, so 1.69TBm seems about right.

ran across this post on the forum, and was pondering if some of these cases of people having way to much data could be related to them participating and forgetting to turn it off maybe…

anyways just tested my data i get 2.3tb with 46TBh a day and so if i subtract 10% for database, some garbage and slightly inaccurate numbers by a few % then it seems close enough that further investigation would be a waste of time for me.
the math is 100gb short tho… my node is 5.4TB and the total data is 2.3 and the remaining is 3TB… but then again 100gb might just be storj safety margin…

I doubt that’s even possible. It’s been a while so I don’t entirely remember this, but this was my response on that topic when v0.19.0 wouldn’t start if this setting was still in the config file.

So it didn’t even start anymore if that temporary testing setting was still in place.

1 Like

More information about the current payouts can be found here :slight_smile:

2 Likes