Post pictures of your storagenode rig(s)

Okay, i finally got my racks a little bit cleaned up after some upgrade/reorg!

Top Part: Computing & Routing
Rack_Top

• 1 out of 2 Firewall thats provide highly available access to the WWW
  • UBNT 48 Port PoE Switch, provides management and connectivity to the house.
  • 3x HP DL380p G8 (2x 2680 v2 10*2,8Ghz, 256GB RAM, 2x 40Gbit/s Networking each)
  • 3x HP DL380 G9 (2x 2680 v4 14*2.4Ghz, 256GB RAM, 2x 40Gbit/s Networking each)

Bottom Part: Storage/SAN and Power Backup
Rack_Bottom

The two 4U Servers share the HGST 4U60G2 as shared storage. The HGST Chassis is filled with 56x 12TB SAS drives, as well as 4 SAS SSDs for caching. They build an highly available ZFS Cluster that provides iSCSI storage volumes to the 6 HP Servers, which run VMware. In addition each of the 2 4U Servers has a couple of older arrays of drives, that i reuse for various things.
An older 48 Port PoE switch as replacement for the UBNT in case of failure, as well as 2 lower equipped HP servers for testing.
The 2 UPS at the bottom are APC SMT3000 which feed into two PDUs at the back of the chassis.

What i missed to picture is the Arista 40Gbit/s Switch in the back of the rack, that provides together with another one in the rack on the other side of the wall my backbone. Each Server is connected with at least 1x 40Gbit/s to each of those switches.

This is 1/3 of my setup, another rack similar to this is as mentioned on the other side of the wall and another one in a colocation.
My personal storagenode (only 1!) is running on the pictured setup and is currently willing to take up to 60TB of data. Once that node is nearly full, i’ll add the next one, etc.

17 Likes