Post pictures of your storagenode rig(s)

Any special adjustments made or simple setup. Use this thread to show off your setup :wink:

7 Likes

My small home rig.

IMG_20190422_113431

8 Likes

This one is:
xeon e1230
x9scm-f
32gb ecc
2x AOC-USAS2-L8e hba
a couple of 2tb drives in raid 50
a couple of ssd drives for cache and fast pool
smartos + danubecloud frontend
connected to 1gb/s up/down with no bandwidth limit over edgerouter 4 and edgeswitch

it is data warehouse, family cloud, site to site vpn, storj is only secondary purpose…

despite poor man DC, temps very good, silent rock solid since 2011

3 Likes

My Storj VM is running on a Dell R710 (ii) with 2 x 6 Cores (24 threads) of CPU Power, currently with 8GB RAM (Demand is only 4GB so far) and 1TB storage with 1TB available if expansion is needed.

All running on a 1Gbps FTTP (1G up and down) Connection with an 80Mbps backup connection.

UPS Backup power for 4 hours and then a remote start generator…which currently requires a manual plug as I’ve not yet had an auto switch installed.

6 Likes

That is super cool. I can’t tell the scale. Are those 2.5" bays?

Small?? :smiley: How´s that small? :wink: What is that anyway? I want one :smiley:

My humble contribution; one of them at least :slight_smile:

8 Likes

May I know the model name of this beast?

Love that signature edition box. Hilarious!

I’m using a Synology DS3617xs myself. Using the spare space I had doing nothing on that device. Much better to put it to use.

Right now I have an SHR2 (based on RAID6) array with 4x4TB and 4x8TB accelerated by a read/write SSD cache of 2x1TB SSD’s. Seeing some really nice performance on this in part thanks to the SSD cache. I wouldn’t have bought that just for storj, but since I had that already anyway, might as well put it to some good use.

6 Likes

OMG! :open_mouth: what a monster. Loved it!!

My box is custom build from server and common parts. Current build is from march 2018. The case is Cooler Master Centurion 590 - not on the market anymore. Disks are covered by 3x Supermicro CSE-M35TQB - 3.5" drives. Some drive trays are exchanged to support 2.5" drives.

It is standard midi tower size case. It is full short 4U. There is not enough space for 4U rack case unfortunately.

Custom build. Back then I used to read hardforum.com - storage section, where there were crazy people like me. There we no such options around 2011 like today. There were close to no plug and play SOHO and home NAS boxes. I wanted to have 12 bay NAS and the price used to be around 2 times more than custom build - with disks. I remember that whole box was for about 3k EUR and ready made solution same size costed like 6k EUR. You can buy NAS box today like a TV. Build one is easier today as well. I used to run it on Solaris 11 for couple of years. In early 2018 I have moved to SmartOS. I use ZFS all the time. Not a single bit is lost since origin.

My setup, mainly for my company but Storj lives in a corner of the Synology NAS.The Synology NAS is an RS3618XS with four 1TB SSD in one volume and six 8TB IronWolf disks in a second volume. It has one hot spare 1TB ssd and one hot spare 8TB IronWolf. To speed up the IronWolf volume it has an pci card with two 1TB M.2-ssd as r/w cache. 14TB is set aside for Storj. The network connection is an unlimited 1Gb/1Gb. My ISP has promised 10Gb for two years now, waiting, waiting :slight_smile:

5 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Using SSD for cache on Synology NAS

Synology 2419+ here with 8 x 8TB drives and room for 4 more in SHR2. No SSD cache, but the NAS is connecte by 10Gb SFP+ ports to the LAN. Unlimited 1Gb symmetrical fiber internet connection.

6 Likes

Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB RAM and USB 3.0 4TB WD HDD

9 Likes

NanoPi Neo4 running Armbian with a 2TB USB 3.0 drive.

If you’re not familiar with the Neo 4, it has a 6 core Rockchip RK3399 CPU with 1G RAM and USB 3.0, and costs $50. When I heard about Storj at the Open Source Summit I knew I wanted to try it on this configuration. This is still a POC for me.

I also have a NanoPi M4 with a SATA hat connected to 2 SSDs - currently I use that as my home NAS. I am considering adding Storj to that system if this one works well.

11 Likes

Uau! And I thought I had decent SNO´s :smiley:

You mean 4 TB HDD :stuck_out_tongue: