Post pictures of your storagenode rig(s)

i didn’t think BeQuiet! were bad/cheap PSU’s though…

i can highly recommend using computer cases with dust filters, they make life so much easier… ofc most likely wouldn’t have made a difference in this case… psu rarely die to dust in my experience… most likely it soaked up a power spike to much an died because of it…

power stripes with the orange neon light in the power button or such has some over voltage protection, and something similar should always be used infront of electronics to help protect it against unable voltage… when the neon starts flickering it means the overvoltage protection is bad or not working and then power stripe should be replaced.

anyways just a few notes of lessons i’ve learned along the way, not sure how valid they are, my power here is very stable… so not a lot of chances to test it.
but it’s what people that seem to know about this stuff seems to say.

power conditioning is pretty prudent, if possible and just a little overvoltage protection is often cheap, if one doesn’t want or can afford to go a full out power conditioning setup like a USP or such… here i have little need for that… but i do these days use the power stripes with overvoltage protection as my first line of defense.

My wife was quite happy when the DL360 G5 servers died. The office is right next door to the main bedroom and those things were loud.

In Omsk our apartment was right next to a main road. The dust levels were very high. The computers needed weekly cleaning. Probably a lot of heavy metals in the dust too coming from a roadway.

They are tho, even their pretty new and expensive Dark Power Pro has its problems. Just don’t buy that sh*t, go for SeaSonic instead.

Not in our case. We have at least three high buildings between the road and our house. So, after a half of year my lungs were enough to blow out the collected dust. In the previous place, it was necessary to use two vacuum cleaners - one for blowing, the second for suction in order to remove all the dust accumulated PER MONTH. And this server was in the room… Poor our lungs…

I see what you mean :smile:

7 Likes

I couldn’t resist starting up a new node on my Chia farmer just now (same physical location as good old storjserv1). Maybe I can grab some of my own repair traffic :laughing:

why you didnt rebuilded your old server, i think it not DQ

It uses a lot of electricity and has 8 old small HDDs in it, so I wanted to move away from it anyway.

I don’t want to waste time getting a new PSU + extra cables for all those hard drives just to save the storj data.

1 Like

thanx for info, thats a pitty though. For 2 years I was hoping to buy those but there were constantly unavailable whenever I checked…

Almost every PSU that died on me was easily repaired by replacing the main bridge diodes…

$0.30 each and 15 minutes of desoldering/soldering and Done! like new.

2 Likes

Cleaned up my Storj/Chia compartment in the basement :slight_smile:

My Storj node has just recently moved to the machine in the picture, before it was a separate server.

The RPi in the background is a BTC-LN node.

4 Likes

I would like to recommend resting those hanging devices on top of the cabinet away from the air intake.

1 Like

None of these guys is hanging, they are all seated on that drain pipe :smiley: (the switch sits on the pipe’s wall mount)

1 Like

Please see here for a video; that counts a collection with of pictures with sounds right?

4 Likes

Oh waw that setup is alive! :rofl:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, did you force to limit concurrent requests? Check my posts to see what happened to me.

22 Likes

So cute!

20 Characters

how can you have different wan ip for every node?