Problem after an electricity cutout

Hello,

I have run the Storage node for around 1 week untill an electricity cutoff occured and restarted the pc and the router. It is important to mention that I am running the node through Windows 10, using NoIP DNS provieder, since my ip is dynamic. I have checked the port, it is still open after the cutout. The ip in the router changed, but so did in the NoIP DUC windows app, but the node appears to be offline. I have also restarted the docker app, but nothing happens. I think the problem is related to the NoIP app settings, but I cannot locate it.

Do you have any suggestions ?

I managed to put it back online by altering the config file, but is there any way to set it up to do this automatically ?

Thank you

What do you change in the config file?

I have changed the contact.external-adress with the new ip

with the new ip? you mean like 192.168…? Your IP is not fixed. You have to put your DYN in there.
Your DYN is fixed
Your IP not

I did that, it is 192.168.1.xx:28967 , while running noip service and the node went back offline. Tried restarting the storagenode service as well, still nothing.

Cross that, I restarted the computer and it is back online.

But my question is now, if my router restarts with a new ip, the node will still connect through noip service ?

Thanks

docker run -d --restart always -p 28967:28967
-e WALLET=“0x0000….”
-e EMAIL="your@email.com"
-e ADDRESS=“externaladdress:28967” \ :point_left: :point_left: WHAT DID YOU PUT IN HERE?
-e BANDWIDTH=“1TB”
-e STORAGE=“2TB”
–memory=800m
–log-opt max-size=50m \
–log-opt max-file=10
–mount type=bind,source=/home/pi/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=/mnt/storagenode,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta

The IPV4 adress of the computer running the node. So, 192.168.1.xx : 28967

You have to put your DYN in there. Not you local IP.

Ok I am confused. I need some 101 programming lectures, but what is DYN ?

You have NoIP right?
So you have a DNS?

in config shold be vasja.noip.com:28967
under vasja is your registere in ddns provider name
do you have windows GUI?

Yes, windows GUI. I am trying to locate now the “vasja”

it is in your ddns provider web, where you are registered.

So basically, I can use there my noip ddns address ?
In order to use the have a static ip for my node ?

something like : farm.ddns.net:28967 ?

if you have static external ip, then you not need ddns, if you have dydnamic external ip need to use ddns name, and install duc program from ddns provider, that it will renew it automaticly, also free ddns need to be renewd every month. Yes this is ok farm.ddns.net:28967

yo also can download my toolbox,

install to pc with node, and you can do lot of stuff there, new even basic trobleshooting.
succesrate but it only for GUI Node

Such a case is why I have proposed my idea: https://ideas.storj.io/ideas/V3-I-128