Problem to connect 146.148.29.23

Hello, my VPN server restarted and I had to configure it again, the problem is that now I cannot connect correctly, I have the error that appears below.

The service turns on fine, I have access to port 28967 from the internet (try to test port 80 using httpd, everything works ok)

When I ping from my VPN client, the IP 146.148.29.23 does not respond, but from the VPN server it does respond, what could be happening?

2020-09-05T04:53:53.450Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”, “attempts”: 1, “error”: “ping satellite error: rpccompat: dial tcp 146.148.29.23:7777: i/o timeout”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite error: rpccompat: dial tcp 146.148.29.23:7777: i/o timeout\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dialTransport:211\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dial:188\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.DialNodeURL:148\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:124\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}
2020-09-05T04:54:04.648Z ERROR nodestats:cache Get pricing-model/join date failed {“error”: “heldamount service error: unable to connect to the satellite 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded”, “errorVerbose”: “heldamount service error: unable to connect to the satellite 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/heldamount.(*Endpoint).dial:229\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/heldamount.(*Endpoint).GetAllPaystubs:105\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func1:80\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:259\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run:79\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func1:56\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}
2020-09-05T04:54:14.451Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”, “attempts”: 2, “error”: “ping satellite error: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite error: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dialTransport:211\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dial:188\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.DialNodeURL:148\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:124\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}
2020-09-05T04:54:36.452Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”, “attempts”: 3, “error”: “ping satellite error: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite error: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dialTransport:211\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dial:188\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.DialNodeURL:148\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:124\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}
2020-09-05T04:55:00.452Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”, “attempts”: 4, “error”: “ping satellite error: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite error: rpccompat: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dialTransport:211\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dial:188\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.DialNodeURL:148\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:124\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

When you connected to the VPN server, is it actually connected?
What is your OS on the client side?
How the route table is configured? Do you have an option on your VPN server to rule the route table on the client?
Do you route all traffic to the VPN tunnel or only for specified destination on the VPN client?

From the error above I could only say, that storagenode can’t connect satellites, so your network is broken, something filtering the outgoing traffic.

Thanks for the answer, the truth is that I am not very expert in networks and VPN.
Answering your questions

When you connected to the VPN server, is it actually connected?
Yes, I can easily connect to my VPN server through the VPN.

What is your OS on the client side?
Centos 7.8

How the route table is configured?
This I don’t know

Do you have an option on your VPN server to rule the route table on the client? Yes, but I don’t know how to configure it

Do you route all traffic to the VPN tunnel or only for specified destination on the VPN client?

All traffic goes through the VPN

The problem I see is with the DNS, when I’m not connected everything works, when I connect to the VPN it stops resolving names, but everything works by IP.

I have used this install script https://github.com/angristan/openvpn-install

Problem solved! select option 1!

What DNS resolvers do you want to use with the VPN?

1. Current system resolvers (from /etc/resolv.conf)
  2. Self-hosted DNS Resolver (Unbound)
  3. Cloudflare (Anycast: worldwide)
  4. Quad9 (Anycast: worldwide)
  5. Quad9 uncensored (Anycast: worldwide)
  6. FDN (France)
  7. DNS.WATCH (Germany)
  8. OpenDNS (Anycast: worldwide)
  9. Google (Anycast: worldwide)
  10. Yandex Basic (Russia)
  11. AdGuard DNS (Anycast: worldwide)
  12. NextDNS (Anycast: worldwide)
  13. Custom
    DNS [1-12]: 1