Provide identity binaries for aarch64 CPU Architecture

I wanted to Setup another Node, usually for identity creating (Step 5. Create an Identity - Storj Node Operator Docs) i use my Mac, as it has a bit more CPU Power. Since i switched latley to the new M1 Mac, there are no binaries for the new CPU Architecture.

Can you also provide a Download for that CPU Architecture?

Do the ARM binaries not work?

Sadly no, i tried all available binaries (even if i knew the amd64 wont work ^^):

~  ./identity_amd                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  127 ✘  base   10:02:41
zsh: exec format error: ./identity_amd
 ~  ./identity_arm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  126 ✘  base   10:02:50
zsh: exec format error: ./identity_arm
 ~  ./identity_arm64                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                126 ✘  base   10:02:54
zsh: exec format error: ./identity_arm64

If you have another device you can run identity generation there and copy the files over to the node.

You could also compile it yourself from source: storj/cmd/identity at main · storj/storj · GitHub

1 Like

Yeah sure, i’ll try to compile it or use another machine, just tought maybe in the future more need those binaries :slight_smile:

If someone else needs it (OSX):

brew install go
git clone https://github.com/storj/storj.git
cd storj/cmd/identity
go build
./identity -h                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Identity management

Usage:
  identity [command]

Available Commands:
  authorize             Send a certificate signing request for a service's CA certificate
2 Likes

You could create an issue on github to make the developers aware that a special version for M1 is necessary. I would have expected that the default arm version would work and they might have as well. :slight_smile:

For clarity, M1 does not support OS X, it’s rather old.

Current macOS version is 13. The original M1 Mac was shipped with macOS 11. There is no way to “downgrade” it to OS X.

So unless you are calling all macOS “osx” — osx on m1 does not exist.

1 Like

Technically spot on…… but we all knew what he meant :wink:

3 Likes

Haha, yes correct ^^

I changed the Title so it should fit better now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Upsi, I also always call it osx in the context of app, iOS and OSX :grinning:. Good to know!