Questions about the SNO's payday

Disclaimer: This is not an angry post, just asking questions for all of us to understand the internals of the payment.

Hello all,

I’m waiting this month, as I suppose all of you, for our monthly allowance for some drinks paid by our raspberry pis.

Today I was checking which days last months we got paid, and saw that some months it is around the 5th-8th.

• Why is it “so” late? (please do not read this as it is so late I’m angry, that’s not the idea)
  • Is there any manual process involved by Storj Labs side to do the payments? If so, do they depend on things like someone being on holidays?
  • What is stopping us from process the information on 1st of each month and paying right away on the 2nd?
  • Which day is the latest day to change a payout address / network of each month?

I’m supposing it may be related to syncing all information of all nodes, correlating them with the information on the satellites, etc. but just to confirm :smiley:

It isn’t. Anything before the 15th is early

2 Likes

It depends on each individual expectations, of course.

In other areas of life you are usually paid at the begining of the month, and due to the nature of Storj (technology, cloud service, centralized satellites) one can think of it like a process that can be done if far less time :angel:

Or maybe not, that’s the reason this thread, to understand how the process works on Storj side.

You are correct. It takes around 5 days to do that and then payments are made.

1 Like

Hi @odarriba

Please don’t worry.
We are still within the normal payout window.
Payouts are usually up to the 14th day of each month and as always if there is an anticipated change we will notify SNOs ASAP.

Oh, I’m not worry at all, there is nothing that should make anyone think this month will be late. I was just wondering how the process works and asking some questions about it.

I’m really confident on the project and I have been an SNO since 2020, so I know storj pays as expected. it is just that the changes in the day of the month (always before the 14th, of course) makes me think there is some human interaction in the process.

1 Like

Ok great.

Yes there are humans involved.
It’s a complex accounting under specific regulations so everything must be verify by qualified human eyes before payments are executed.

I believe the first two weeks of the month time frame is to coordinate with the many other accounting processes that are required for the company each month. This is * my opinion * but I don’t think we should take the time from that team to seek an answer unless there is a current payouts issue no matter how curious we are. I hope you can agree.

6 Likes

That’s mostly enough, please don’t take anyone else time :hugs:
Thanks for the quick response, as usual <3

1 Like

My pleasure its what we are here for :slight_smile: