QUIC Misconfigured after upgrade to v1.90.2

Hi there,

Updated to latest version:

Synology still QUIC show as Misconfigured.

Wigo

On qnap qts5.1 it work’s

For me is also broken! Running PI4 on debian with two nodes! One survives better than the other! It stays online for more time, but crashes from time to time!

Happy to have found this one, I have been breaking my home network past week thinking there was something wrong. Me pulling the network plug when kids are in best 10 in Fortnite doesn’t go down too well :wink:

I have 2 Synology’s, one model running DSM 7.1 with 8GB mem and no issues, 1 older one with DSM 6.2 with 2 GB mem reporting QUIC misconfiguration. If not used altogether why not hide it for now to remove all the confusion?

On the glass half full side — now having scrutinized everything else looking for nonexistent problem, you have more confidence that your network, is, in fact, fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not trying to disappoint you, but you missed a place to check… the ISP’s distribution box, outside on the pole. :wink:
Jokes aside, when there is a hardware problem, both connections are dead, TCP and UDP, so you being online, but only with UDP error is pretty clear a software problem.
This just as a future reference to avoid upseting your kids. :grin:

These 2 threads shoud be merged.
https://forum.storj.io/t/quic-misconfigured-after-upgrade-to-v1-90-2/24195

Yep. Newer version on Synology NAS under Docker container as well:

I believe that QUIC may not work on freeBSD, and also on Linux for ARM CPUs.
On Linux x86-64 it is working fine.

What is version of your OS?

In my case:
Old Synology NAS

• Showing QUIC Misconfigured
  • 1 node configured
  • DS1812+
  • “OS”: DSM 6.2
  • Kernel: Linux version 3.10.105 (root@build6) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP Tue Mar 21 22:22:21 CST 2023
  • CPU: Intel(R) Atom™ D2700

Newer Synology NAS

• Not showing any messages
  • 1 node configured
  • DS 1019+
  • “OS”: DSM 7.2
  • Kernel: Linux version 4.4.302+ (root@build7) (gcc version 12.2.0 (GCC) ) #64570 SMP Thu Jul 20 00:07:29 CST 2023
  • CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) J3455

So, only the old one is affected? :thinking:

That is correct. Only difference (other than HW obviously) is that I am forwarding traffic related to the DS1812+, reporting misconfiguration one, to port 28968 to make the distinction between the 2 nodes I have. But that has worked fine for past 3 years or so.

yes, I think we have something broken after update from the upstream.
However, it’s not so important now

1 Like

My nas is Linux on arm

Hi Alexey,

And as usually on my Windows 10 machine on the same network behind same router:

Regards

Wigo

Hello,

I’m running some nodes from April 2023, but I am facing a problem which occurs from time to time and I can’t solve it.

I have a Synology NAS in a datacenter, which has 4 LAN ports. The first one has a local management IP. The next two are bonded and configured with a local IP. The last one has a public IP. This has also configured the default gateway.

The issue I have is that my node is showing QUIC Misconfigured. Of course the firewall allows the port 28967 for both TCP & UDP protocols.

I have searched the Internet a lot, for about two weeks, but I can’t find a solution that works for me. It’s supposed that docker has a bridge network. Mine is on 172.16.0.0/16, with gateway 172.16.0.1. The container is assigned to this bridged network. It is accessible, but the QUIC still shows misconfigured.

It’s sad to say it, but I used to fix it a few months ago. Unfortunately I can’t remember how to fix this problem anymore.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

I see, then perhaps it is all Synology’es with weaker processors, since

Dude/gal,

There is literally a thread every day on this specific issue. Please search.

You may try to bind this node to the one interface, providing its address in the port mapping option, i.e. -p 192.168.1.10:28967:28967/tcp -p 192.168.1.10:28967:28967/udp, but perhaps it wouldn’t help for Synology with CPU older than Celeron or for ARM-based, see

We do not know the exact reason yet, however usual Linux nodes x86-64 doesn’t have an issue.
Notable - freeBSD has this issue too, but it is appeared firstly on 1.86.1 version, see thread linked by @arrogantrabbit