RAM requirement

Yeah that is a perfect way to make sure you don’t run into problems after updating. I try to do some testing to before I update but sometimes Arm cpus have alot more issues then x86 cpus when updating so its sometimes hard to test…
Like for example docker on a Arm stopped working after a simple update that I updated on a similar build on a x86 based cpu and was a terrible day. Now I just don’t update till I know it wont brick my system.

running ubuntu 20.04 without any problems.

I mostly use docker images or lxc containers, so updating is easy for me.

I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 18 to 20. Minimal version so no gui. Works fine. 20 has the updated repositories for sqlite3 which are needed to check the node databases integrity should that be your thing.

yeah i also went back to debian, i was just a bit tired of it being a bit slow at installing because it was kinda bulky, but that’s most likely just because i’m to much of a rookie to install it with less bloat…

i really like that it just works and is stable as a rock.

i only had problems with 20.04 , so ubuntu 20.04 was installed inside a container and then docker was run inside of the 20.04

so i got proxmox>lxc>ubuntu20.04>docker>storj

simply to get pretty proxmox graphs, and tho there wasn’t anything wrong with 20.04 in reality, then it was configured in a way that it wouldn’t work, while clean debian worked just fine and was what i had been using… just figured i would make use of the quick install… tho did find out that the install when using containers is basically non existing anyways…

i’m sure 20.04 is fine… just wasn’t configured so it worked for my special unneeded setup, simply to separate the proxmox graphs into more useful graphs, instead of one big mess because i initially installed docker on baremetal just to make everything work in less time…

also did take me so long… i’m like 7 months later and it’s only now i started tested moving my storagenode (only the storagenode software, not the data) into running inside lxc containers

and i still have problems with docker complaining about something called overlayFS… but everything seems to work :smiley: it just complains when i reboot the container

my problem with 20.04 was ipv6 configuration related if memory serves

was just easier to go back to debian and keep on hating ubuntu rather than actually fixing it…

i’m sure 20.04 is fine in 99% of all cases

meh i don’t even trust storj’s documentation anymore… didn’t it use to say 1gb…?. i mean stuff is changing all the time, why should you linking the documentation prove that i didn’t read that it was the recommended amount…

but sure doesn’t seem like ram is recommended now… :smiley:

It was not since the v3 alpha. Because it uses much less RAM than v2 since the start.

2 Likes