Rasberry pi-4 data transfer

Just bought Pi4. should it be simple to move my node from a Windows PC to the pi4?
I’ll just unplug the external USB HD so easy enough for the data but what about folders, under the windows install etc?
Any instructions or help very appreciated before i start

Maybe worth checking the following thread as a starting point:

As a side note:

Might not be as easy, because if your disk is NTFS performances might not be as good as it should be on Linux if I’m not mistaking. It’s recommended to have an Ext4 disk when running a node on Linux.

1 Like

I would recommend to use this guide: https://documentation.storj.io/resources/faq/migrate-my-node/migrating-from-windows-gui-installation-to-a-docker-cli

However, if you want to unplug the HDD on Windows and then attach it on rpi4, then it’s possible too. However, you need to move your identity from the %APPDATA%\Storj\Identity\storagenode to that disk.
In additional, the docker version expecting to have data in the storage subfolder, so you need to move the data to the storage subfolder.
And as @Pac said, the NTFS is not a native filesystem for Linux, so it will working slower and you likely will have other issues from time to time, so it’s better to backup data, format disk and restore data back.

2 Likes