Raspbbery: Unrecoverable error {"error": "file or directory not found error

FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “file or directory not found error: open /root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/ca.cert: no such file or directory”, “errorVerbose”: “file or directory not found error: open /root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/ca.cert: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/identity.PeerCAConfig.Load:323\n\tmain.cmdAuthorize:175\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:275\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:293\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:762\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:800\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:74\n\tmain.main:83\n\truntime.main:203”}

Hello @vrobertas,
Welcome to the forum!

Please, give me the text output of the command

sudo ls -l /root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode

ls: cannot access ‘/root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode’: No such file or directory

so, your identity in some other place.
try this one:

ls -l /home/pi/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode

sudo ls -l /root/.local/share/storj/identity

yep, it is

ls -l /home/pi/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode
total 16
-rw-r–r-- 1 pi pi 546 Oct 10 20:07 ca.cert
-rw------- 1 pi pi 241 Oct 10 20:07 ca.key
-rw-r–r-- 1 pi pi 1084 Oct 10 20:07 identity.cert
-rw------- 1 pi pi 241 Oct 10 20:07 identity.key

that was created automatically. How do I change? Do I need create missing folder and copy files over manually?

no, just use this one as a source for the --mount of identity to the /app/identity in your docker run command.
To change it, docker stop -t 300 storagenode, docker rm storagenode, delete the config.yaml from the storage location and run it back with all your parameters include changed one: https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/storage-node#running-the-storage-node

but as per instructions I understood it first should be signed before proceeding with a docker? Am I mistaking?

Dependencies (in instruction)
./identity_linux_arm authorize storagenode email:characterstring

Of course :blush:
Did you sign it?

The issue is I cannot signup before docker. That’s the error received. I cannot proceed further. First need sign. How to solve location issue before going with next docker step?

Either run the authorize command not as root or copy the files to where it expects them.
I believe you can also specify the path in the command though I don’t remember the exact syntax. Try the --help parameter to get more info.

You can use the ----identity-dir option to specify where yours identity is placed.
./identity_linux_arm authorize storagenode <token> ----identity-dir /home/pi/.local/share/storj/identity

But better to run it without asudo it would be simpler

Worked, thank you… but now I run into another issue

FATAL   Unrecoverable error     {"error": "error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error: error claiming authorization\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)", "errorVerbose": "error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error: error claiming authorization\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)\n\tmain.cmdAuthorize:212\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:275\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:293\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:762\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:800\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:74\n\tmain.main:83\n\truntime.main:203"}

Your token is already claimed.
You should subscribe to the wait list again with a different email address to receive a new one.
Or search for a signed Identity, which you got with your first attempt.

The other reason could be your system clock is out of sync.

Yes, I signed when tried to setup node on Windows, bur abandoned and moved RPi because issues with docker. Can I use generated certificate on Windows in RPi?

Yes you can transfer the identity files and use them on a different machine.

There used to be a much clearer error specifically stating that the token has already been claimed. Has the wording for this error changed?

It should be fixed, we have a wrong or wide message here. The mentioned error could mean either clock out of sync or already claimed token. I think the second reason is more suitable for it.