Raspberry 4 + 60 Mbit/s download 20 Mbit/s upload + 2 TB to run my first node

My first node was started on the 29th of october (2019). It’s pretty recent.

Telling you what I have been earning so far wouldn’t be representative of hat you might expect to earn in the future for many reasons:

• First, it still has most of the earnings kept in escrow.
  • In order to motivate SNOs for onboarding, StorjLabs have been giving bonuses these months, so we received more than what we will receive when the whole thing is stable and in production.
  • Noone really knows how the network is going to behave when real customers use it. For instance, ths month (January 2020), we’re getting a lot of data downloaded from our nodes because of specific tests they are carrying out: I suspect we will never that much bandwidth used with actual customers.
  • It might differ from one SNO to anothern depending on its geo position, its newtork quality, its hardware…

However, here is what I earned just for info, but please this should be taken with a pinch of salt (or maybe a handful…) as it cannot be representative of what it will be in the future:

• Payment for 10.2019: ~4 STORJ (75% escrow / Surge payouts x5) => Roughly 4$
  • Payment for 11.2019: ~95 STORJ (75% escrow / Surge payouts x4) => Roughly 9$
  • Payment for 12.2019: ~85 STORJ (75% escrow / Surge payouts x3) => Roughly 8$

Besides, what you earn in STORJ might not be what you actually receive on your account in the end. Your mileage may vary as it’s gonna depend on your country’s legislation and how you convert your STORJ to fiat.
Here are my thoughts on that matter in a pessimistic scenario: Incentives and payments for making SNOs stay (there are more efficient ways to convert STORJ to fiat… I did not try anything yet).

If you need a better internet connection anyway, STORJ might get you a little extra. But right now, it’s really hard to tell if it will cover the extra-charge of upgrading your Internet speed.

1 Like