Raspberry pi 4 - how to host a node

I have a WD 10TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive connected to my RPi4. This was actually an upgrade I made after first starting my node in August 2019, which was started with a WD 4TB My Passport.

As for payouts, I’ll put them below, but results will vary between node to node. Some variables include geolocation, internet speeds, and hardware. The closer you are to satellites, the better results you’ll have; the faster internet speeds, the better results you’ll have; and the faster hardware, the better results you’ll have.

I’m located in the US, have 200/20 internet speed, and like I’ve stated I have a RPi4 (4GB Ram model) with the WD 10TB connected via USB 3.0.

Additionally, there are other factors that have influenced my payouts thus far, which include the fact that up until recently, payouts included a 2x or 3x multiplier that was being offered to SNOs as Storj was ramping up for production launch. Payout values also are a fraction of what I’ve actually earned, since the payout model includes the escrow “hold back” (see this explanation for that here: Held-Amount and Payouts and here: https://storj.io/blog/2019/01/sharing-storage-space-for-fun-and-profit/ ). And last factor is that in January 2020, there was a huge amount of “download” bandwidth used that was part of a test on the network, which is why there’s a big jump in payout amount, and part of Jan 2020 payment was delayed until the Feb 2020 payment, which is why that’s also higher. All SNO’s are eager to see how much the network is used now that production has officially launched, but that’s fairly uncertain at this point.

Here’s what I’ve received thus far for payout:
2019-08: $2.01
2019-09: $2.51
2019-10: $3.54
2019-11: $7.79
2019-12: $11.08
2020-01: $44.81
2020-02: $48.52

2 Likes