Raspberry pi storage node (2nd node) keeps rebooting

I’ve got a NAS running a storage node on the default port.
And I had a Pi3B+ laying around and a spare 750GB HDD.
So I thought let’s spin that one up as well. (on port 28968 since 28967 is already taken by the NAS).
I think the port is opened up just fine, but the node keeps being offline.
It’s a seperate machine so I created a new Identity (on the Pi itself), opened up port 28968 to the pi’s ip addres. and checked if the port was open from the internet (via this link). After that I copied over the identity folder to the HDD and I tried to run the node.

Side note to that manual (this one), I wasn’t able to unzip the file via the commandline, I really had to download it via the GUI and than unzipping was no issue. It mentioned something about that it might be part of set of ZIP files, not sure what was going on there, might be worth checking out by someone with proper knowledge.

The node on the pi, I run like this (with backslash at the end of each line, but this editor removes that):

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \
        -p 28968:28967 \
        -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 \
        -e WALLET="0x0e5XXXX" \
        -e EMAIL="mXXXX@gmail.com" \
        -e ADDRESS="XX.XX.XX.143:28968" \
        -e BANDWIDTH="2TB" \
        -e STORAGE="650GB" \
        --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storj/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity \
        --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storj",destination=/app/config \
        --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

ERROR services unexpected shutdown of a runner {“name”: “piecestore:monitor”, “error”: “piecestore monitor: error verifying location and/or readability of storage directory: open config/storage/storage-dir-verification: no such file or directory”, “errorVerbose”: “piecestore monitor: error verifying location and/or readability of storage directory: open config/storage/storage-dir-verification: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/monitor.(*Service).Run.func1.1:131\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/monitor.(*Service).Run.func1:128\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Any idea’s what I might have done wrong here?

Did you run the first command where it shows Setup=True ?

Are the mounted folders existing?

If you did sometime in the past and node were working - please, DO NOT RUN IT AGAIN!
If node worked before, and now stopped, that’s mean that your disk is disappeared. You need to fix this issue. Make sure that you statically mounted this disk: How do I setup static mount via /etc/fstab for Linux? - Storj Docs
If you would run the setup in the second time instead of fixing an issue - you will kill your node.

If it’s a first time to run the node and it was not working before, you indeed need to setup it first: Storage Node - Storj Docs

2 Likes

Thanks for al the replies, didn’t have had time to try this out, but I’ll let you know once I have.