Realistic earnings estimator

Hey everyone, I’ve updated the network stats for the estimator again based on recent behavior. Usually the adjustments are fairly small and I just implement them without further mention, but I think this time there is reason for some excitement. So I wanted to post an update.

In recent months we’ve seen improvements on pretty much all metrics.
Ingress has gone up, egress per amount of data stored has gone up and repair egress has gone up.

• This has moved the theoretical limit where nodes stop filling up further because deletes match ingress all the way to 75TB, which used to be around 40TB.
  • Nodes fill up at about 6TB per year in early years now, which used to be around 4TB per year.
  • Average expected earnings per TB are now around $3.30, which used to be below $3.

Storj is growing! So that’s great to see.

As always, please let me know if you don’t recognize these numbers.
Note: Geofencing is possible now and may have a small impact on numbers depending on the region of the node. The estimates are based on data collected from nodes with good performance and 400mbps-1gbps synchronous connections hosted in the Netherlands and Germany. Your results may differ slightly.

11 Likes