Really no luck.. node offline

Hello.
I have a second node in a data center with 1gbps in out flat unmetered…

First was offline for my necessity , now after 1 month online without receive any data, after the kernel upgrade of the proxmox virtualization enviroment… the node is always offline…

windows gui, or docker on linux or docker on windows?

docker inside proxmox debian container with nested virtualization privileges

i am not linux professional, but posible external ip changed?
what logs show?

no it’s a static ip. is a professional server inside a datacenter

what logs show?
docker logs -f --tail 100 storagenode

interesting
dns outgoing access denied

ERROR version Failed to do periodic version check: version control client error: Get https://version.storj.io: dial tcp: lookup version.storj.io on 1.1.1.1:53: read udp 172.17.0.3:58843->1.1.1.1:53: i/o timeout

looks like your dns resolver down?

impossible, are cloudflare dns

is my intrusion prevention system that is closing outgoing dns queries of storj

it is posible, then you know what to do.

root@storj2:~# reboot
Failed to connect to bus: Connection refused
Failed to open initctl fifo: No such device or address
Failed to talk to init daemon

very nice!

I have upgrade docker, allowed docker to go out on the IPS … no error in the docker logs
but the node is offline…

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
538959cf6541 storjlabs/storagenode:beta “/entrypoint” 7 days ago Up 2 minutes 0.0.0.0:14002->14002/tcp, 0.0.0.0:28967->28967/tcp storagenode
4ee7a96d48ac storjlabs/watchtower:latest “/watchtower storage…” 7 days ago Up 2 minutes watchtower

firewall? 28967 port? check with https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ that port is reacheble

nothing… port opened on the firewall… i see the DNAT correctly… port opened on docker and on the container…

no explication… all this after the proxmox kernel upgrade

iptables -t nat -A DOCKER -p tcp --dport 28967 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.17.0.1:28967

oh s**t… i need to setup a new installation… and after this down i will waith another month to be on with the node?

if you not lost data and not DQ, ju can use this data and indentity, just reinstal node
i use only win GUI nodes, works much better

1 Like

There is no data.
I was setup the server the first time as test. After was off one month for my needs… after starting the virtual machine I was not receiving data because the previous down…
Now was near to 25 days of uptime without receiving data.

I use storj only in server machines, the desks are under heavy load for other purposes… Windows virtual machine use too much resources.

A Linux container, one cpu core, 256mb ram. Windows 4 cores, 4gb ram at least!!!

docker need more ram, even on raspberry it is consuming more resorses

1 Like