Recent garbage dump?

My node was almost full and now the dashboard says I have almost 20 gigs of space available. I also have about 20 gigs of stuff in my nodes trash folder which is new. Does this mean the node does not consider data in the trash folder when it calculates how much disk space the node is using?

What is the version of the storagenode?

storagenode version=0.29.3

Please, show your CLI dashboard

My node is currently configured to use a max of 500 GB
If I’m reading things correctly, it looks like my node thinks it’s using 480GB of disk space but with the trash in the trash folder it’s more like 520 GB of space used. Is my node malfunctioning or is this just the way it works? I have extra space on my drive at the moment so it’s not a big deal. Is this why we are supposed to leave 10% disk space free? If there is a huge garbage collection could a drive over flow?

I had over 700GB of garbage since dec 31 put in the trash. Now after the time out period of 7 days per garbaged file my garbage has dropped to under 40GB across the 4 satellites. Looking good.

1 Like

Please, report the current status of your node. Is it sorted out?

With the more recent version(but not latest version, still waiting for docker update) , I think the node is respecting my storage limit but the dashboard is wrong. My node is full but on the dashboard the number shown as available is about equal to the size of the trash folder. My node has the storage limit set to 511.2 GB but it stopped accepting new ingress and reported “out of space” when the dashboard showed 496.0 GB used space and 15.2GB available. 15.2GB is about the size of my trash folder. Coincidence?

This issue was reported by another user on github 18 days ago "Out of space" message on available disk space node · Issue #3783 · storj/storj · GitHub but it has not been acknowledged or tagged as a bug or work in progress.

When I checked a moment ago, This issue is also not listed in the Known issues we are working on