Release preparation v1.41

We are targetting an open development process. One aspect of it is a more transparent release process.

Here are the list of all commits. We appreciate any feedback on it and recommendations on release tests we want to execute.

Changelog v1.41

General
[+ b8e8110c] mod: bump common and uplink dependency
Satellite

[+ 5b40922a] satellite/metainfo: avoid endless loop when startup fails
[+ bb575ef7] satellite/admin: Send JSON content-type for errors
[+ fed09316] satellite/admin: Use helper for sending JSON
[+ bef4f5ec] satellite/admin: Validate new user data earlier
[+ 10a468fb] web/satellite: make all header components visible on smaller screen sizes
[+ f2f8a9ca] satellite/metabase: send metric about zombie segment deletion
[+ 38ce0e15] satellite/gracefulexit: drop table graceful_exit_transfer_queue
[+ 4b79f5ea] satellite/repair: test if audit scores increases during repair
[+ aa80d370] satellite/metabase: add automatic conversion to DB value for ObjectKey fields
[+ f93dc5a1] satellite/metainfo/piecedeletion: enable connection pool
[+ e5bb8973] satellite/internalpb: for StreamID rename EncryptedPath to EncryptedObjectKey
[+ 8a21a8cb] satellite/metainfo: don't enable connection pool if was setup earlier
[+ f77f6153] satellite/orders: use egress_dead for calculating allocated bandwidth
[+ b7405db2] satellite/satellitedb: optimize migration test
[+ 3b751a35] satellite/{payments,satellitedb}: Remove custom coupon implementation
[+ 5b4a9070] scripts/testversions: reduced the number of version to test
[+ 4020e9e2] private/testmonkit: move monkit test helper
[+ bc6d8c06] web: optimize builds
[+ aa858a3a] testsuite/ui/uitest: separate func for browser

Uplink
[+ f837551d] storj: bump uplink to v1.7.0

6 Likes

Good work. Can you please also post the complete list of commits?

diff release-v1.40 main
[- 69882736] web/: disable storj linter (#4210)
[+ 6511bb91] private/testplanet: support writing monitoring spans
[+ 5b40922a] satellite/metainfo: avoid endless loop when startup fails
[+ 7ebd3533] private/testplanet: document env variables
[+ 821a077f] satellite/{admin,console}: Move tests
[+ bb575ef7] satellite/admin: Send JSON content-type for errors
[+ fed09316] satellite/admin: Use helper for sending JSON
[+ bef4f5ec] satellite/admin: Validate new user data earlier
[+ 854b66f1] testsuite/ui/satellite: refactored go-rod tests selectors a little bit
[+ 10a468fb] web/satellite: make all header components visible on smaller screen sizes
[+ f2f8a9ca] satellite/metabase: send metric about zombie segment deletion
[+ 38ce0e15] satellite/gracefulexit: drop table graceful_exit_transfer_queue
[+ 4b79f5ea] satellite/repair: test if audit scores increases during repair
[+ aa80d370] satellite/metabase: add automatic conversion to DB value for ObjectKey fields
[+ bb55c305] web: move eslint-storj to separate repo
[+ f93dc5a1] satellite/metainfo/piecedeletion: enable connection pool
[+ e5bb8973] satellite/internalpb: for StreamID rename EncryptedPath to EncryptedObjectKey
[+ 8a21a8cb] satellite/metainfo: don't enable connection pool if was setup earlier
[+ 6ab2647a] ci: run UI tests
[+ fb0d055a] satellites/orders: populate egress_dead in project_bandwidth_daily_rollups
[+ 05960b2c] satellite/admin: Response 404 when entity not found
[+ 1d8342ab] web/satellite: fixed access grant web worker caching issue
[+ f837551d] storj: bump uplink to v1.7.0
[+ 9fd09183] ci: optimize benchmarks
[+ f77f6153] satellite/orders: use egress_dead for calculating allocated bandwidth
[+ b7405db2] satellite/satellitedb: optimize migration test
[+ 1ef06fae] satellite/metabase: use storj.Nonce instead []byte
[+ 3b751a35] satellite/{payments,satellitedb}: Remove custom coupon implementation
[+ 5b4a9070] scripts/testversions: reduced the number of version to test
[+ 4020e9e2] private/testmonkit: move monkit test helper
[+ bc6d8c06] web: optimize builds
[+ 1fdb0eaa] Revert "satellite/metabase: use storj.Nonce instead []byte"
[+ aa858a3a] testsuite/ui/uitest: separate func for browser
[+ b8e8110c] mod: bump common and uplink dependency
3 Likes

@Igor @Andrii Up next let’s talk about the release tests we need for this release.

Let me also lure in @michaln to ask if we want to enable the zombie segment deletion on a few more or even all satellites.

From @brandon and @super3 I already know that we want to enable the new onboarding workflow.

If someone from the community would like to test the new onboarding workflow we can provide registration codes for the QA satellite.

One outstanding code change is a bump of the browser component. If that gets merged in time we should run some tests on the QA satellite. We can take the test plan from Nadim as a blueprint.

Yes I’d like to check it out.

3 Likes

That is awesome. We will send you a registration code as soon as the new release is deployed on the QA satellite.

Anyone else want to join?

4 Likes

QA satellite is deployed and you both should have a PM from me with a signup link.

The QA satellite is currently not connected to the storj network. I believe you can’t upload remote segments to the QA satellite at the moment. We might have killed our test storage nodes at some point.

In any case the data on the QA satellite can be wiped any time so don’t expect it to be a good storage location.

The QA satellite is connected to staging gateway-mt and linksharing. You should be able to open the file browser and even linksharing.

1 Like

Id like to test it too

2 Likes

Thanks. I tried, but could not see any big difference.
What changes have been made to the onboarding?

You can restart the onboarding workflow at any time. There is a little icon in the top navigation. If you have an account on any other satellites you could open the old and the new onboarding workflow side by side.

The onboarding should have less steps. You don’t have to name a project or name a bucket (I believe currently you still have to name a bucket, will be fixed later).

The CLI onboarding tour should give you an overview about all important commands. Personally I am a big fan of that.

At the end of the onboarding you have the option to upgrade to pro account. It should display pricing an other important information.

1 Like

^ That is fixed now. The QA satellite had some issues with the underlying cockroach DB. It was running an outdated version. The old cockroach version didn’t want to run some of our SQL queries. We updated cockroach DB and now uploading remote segments works again.

1 Like

I was able to upgrade my account to PRO using test CC while the same can’t be done on production satellites.

Production satellites fail to notify user for using test CC. A bug has been filed for the same.

1 Like

The new layout is non responsive and has been reported.

1 Like

Error code 500 is seen while setting Storage/Bandwidth limit to zero