Release preparation v1.76

The nodes which have updated to this version have started spitting out the following error from time to time.
2023-04-06T09:52:30.270Z ERROR piecestore upload failed {EU1.storj.io, "PUT", "error": "context canceled", "errorVerbose": "context canceled\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpcstatus.Wrap:75\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload.func5:498\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload:529\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func1:243\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:33\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:61\n\tstorj.io/common/experiment.(*Handler).HandleRPC:42\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:124\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:66\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:114\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:35", s2319360}

Please ignore some alterations I made to make the logs more informative/compact. What I think is going on here is that this drpc closed error occurs when the piece is already committed but the error is a typical cancelation error, which now gets classified as failed upload.
What I don’t really know is whether in this case the node gets to keep the piece or it gets cleaned up in garbage collection. Either way, this seems like either a canceled or a successful transfer that wasn’t canceled quick enough to prevent it form being committed.

1 Like