Required version 2.1.0.5 of Docker can't be installed on Windows 10 Home, what other versions of it can I install on my Win10 Home OS?

I am in the phase of installing Docker → Docker - Node Operator (storj.io) in Windows 10 Home OS. The advised software version of Docker to install is 2.1.0.5 but when I downloaded and started installing the software, it failed because it says “Docker Desktop requires Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise version 15063 to run.”

I am only using Windows 10 Home. May I ask if there are other versions of Docker I can install/use in Windows 10 Home so I could set my node properly?

I don’t have Windows machines, but a cursory search came up with these instructions.
Maybe it’ll help?

1 Like

This is for Windows 10 Home.

WSL 2 backend
Windows 10 64-bit: Home, Pro, Enterprise, or Education, version 1903 (Build 18362 or higher).
Enable the WSL 2 feature on Windows. For detailed instructions, refer to the Microsoft documentation.
The following hardware prerequisites are required to successfully run WSL 2 on Windows 10:

64-bit processor with Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)
4GB system RAM
BIOS-level hardware virtualization support must be enabled in the BIOS settings. For more information, see Virtualization.
Download and install the Linux kernel update package.
1 Like

Thanks @ACarneiro & @nerdatwork, I’ll try your advice :slight_smile:

2 Likes