Running multiple nodes

So I currently have 1 node running atm. I heard that running multiple nodes one 1 IP isn’t helpful because the bandwidth spreads out. I also read that I could fill one drive up on a different IP (my friend’s house) and then move the node (HDD of data & identity files) to my home node.

My question is, how would one go about moving the HDD + identity files over to my main home node. After it fills up at my friend’s house, how would I run multiple nodes on the 1 computer at home? Any special setup/configuration needed?

This is not good for the network. You may have pieces of the same segment in the same physical place after this bypass of the limit.
So if your setup will go down, the network will lose these pieces.
The filter by the /24 subnet of public IPs is implemented exactly to prevent a situation like this - the subnet should not have more than a one piece from the same segment.

The second node makes sense if the previous node almost full and you have another HDD to run the second node. Or if you want to spread the risk of losing one of the node.
But you need to run them behind the same /24 subnet of public IPs.

2 Likes

So in terms of adding a second node to my already existing node (on the same PC), how would I go about doing that?

What OS are you on, and are your nodes under Docker?

Raspbian Linux, running docker.

There are a number of threads about this here. Here is one…

See also