Running Node after Docker update - file does not exit

Recently updated docker to 2.2.0.3(42716), when I try to run the node the response is:

docker: Error response from daemon: file does not exist.
See ‘docker run --help’.

Followed the normal procedure before updating docker:

1. Stop the running Storage Node container:
    docker stop -t 300 storagenode

2. Remove the existing container:
    docker rm storagenode

3. Pull the latest image from docker:
    docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:beta

Tried to run the node on win10 after the docker update:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -e WALLET=“xx” -e EMAIL=“xx” -e ADDRESS=“xx” -e BANDWIDTH=“2TB” -e STORAGE=“510GB” --mount type=bind,source=“D:\identity”,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=“D:\identity\storagenode”,destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta

docker: Error response from daemon: file does not exist.
See ‘docker run --help’.

Checked the file path for source and destination, both exist, nothing has changed since the docker update, has the path to the image possibly changed due to the update?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I would recommend not using docker on windows and switching to windows GUI instead, Docker is know to be very unstable on windows.

Thanks for the fast response, is there a method to migrate to Windows GUI from Windows CLI?

Its pretty simple just follow the direction here https://documentation.storj.io/setup/gui-windows
Double and triple check where you point the storage folder make sure its correct and check everything before you leave it running.

More correct link is this.

Yeah I didn’t link it because his docker isn’t running and its just simpler to just follow the install of windows GUI.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Tried installing windows GUI and received the following error

Any solution for the docker problem?
I have “Error response from daemon: file does not exist.” and can’t switch to GUI atm.
It’s been down for almost 12 hours, is my reputation all gone already? This is so not fair… :frowning:

Edit: i migrated to GUI

I also have this problem. I would prefer to stick with docker and not use that GUI. It seemed to become a problem when I first tried to use the GUI…

I can suggest to do a hard reset for the Docker VM: navigate to the Docker dashboard, click the Troubleshoot button (looks like a bug) -> Reset to factory defaults.

Then try to run a storagenode again (update your docker run to the latest version: https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/storage-node#running-the-storage-node ) and watchtower: https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/software-updates#automatic-updates

ok Im good with that now.

Im trying to set it up on docker, my second node. But when I type in the command it says file doest not exist I dont know why. It used to work.

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28968:28968 -p 127.0.0.1:14003:14003 -e WALLET=“0x595ecff85CD86Ac6E11d5341423097fE8b44c27f” -e EMAIL=“myemail” -e ADDRESS=“myIPaddress(notshown):28968” -e BANDWIDTH=“320TB” -e STORAGE=“7.5TB” --mount type=bind,source=“C:\Users\9900k\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode2”,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=“F:\”,destination=/app/config --name storagenode2 storjlabs/storagenode:beta

Please read the documentation carefully.

I cant use 28967 twice can I ? what should I write for my second node? same with 14002… Could you help me?

Absolutely but I am trying to teach you how to fish than give you the fish :slight_smile:

What do you understand from this!

If you are using a custom port other than 28967, you have to change the -p 28967:28967 to -p <port>:28967

1 Like

thats what I thought haha
I did changed it to 28968:28967 but the error is about a file that does not exist so it isnt related but I fixed that yeah

Can you show the error message?

:heart:

Now time to fix

Hint: 14003 is the port and 127.0.0.1 is the ip or localhost

it says : docker: Error response from daemon: file does not exist.

I know about localhost but for some reason it works with this ip and port to access my dashboard…

Which action/command gives you that message ?

1 Like

the one i previously mentionned
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28968:28968 -p 127.0.0.1:14003:14003 -e WALLET=“0x595ecff85CD86Ac6E11d5341423097fE8b44c27f” -e EMAIL=“myemail” -e ADDRESS=“myIPaddress(notshown):28968” -e BANDWIDTH=“320TB” -e STORAGE=“7.5TB” --mount type=bind,source=“C:\Users\9900k\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode2”,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=“F:\”,destination=/app/config --name storagenode2 storjlabs/storagenode:beta