S3 Gateway Share URL not loading with React Native Fast image [Android]

If this is the root cause, it means that your device is IPv6 enabled and tries connecting to link.storjshare.io - which is down (at least with IPv6). Maybe your app falls back to IPv4 whenever it starts working again, I haven’t tested the app itself.

This needs to be fixed by Storj Labs.

This is very helpful thanks. We’re looking into it.

@flo @arcticfly @awcchungster
We’ve observed some IPv6 routing issues for link.storjshare.io last week, but they should be gone now.

Would you mind checking again if the URLs you mentioned are reachable from where you were testing from last time, as well as your app? While some of the clients/libraries will naturally fallback onto IPv4 if they encounter an IPv6 problem, some won’t, and to @flo 's point, it might have been the root cause.

Loading is atrociously slow, but it technically is working now. Thanks for looking into this.

The speed really needs to improve though.

@awcchungster I’m glad to hear that technically it works for you now. We take speed issues just as seriously - can you describe the problems you’re experiencing now?

• Do you experience high latency or time to first byte (if so, how many milliseconds)?
  • Do you experience data rate issues (if so, what speeds are you observing, is it uploading or downloading)?
  • Are you using gateway.storjshare.io or link.storjshare.io or another domain?

The more details we have, the better!

We just started noticing this issue again. All images failed to load for a few minutes, then eventually all images loaded.

Here’s an example link: https://link.storjshare.io/s/jvegkxpo3i44tsr5tzhfchtigudq/world-server-stage/collections/a5160464-bce9-4075-a0e6-1cc585ba0839/panorama_preview.jpg?wrap=0

Your link works for me over both ipv4 and ipv6 in 500ms.

I understand that the link works some of the time (right now images are loading correctly on Android). The problem is when it doesn’t.

Hello @awcchungster and @arcticfly
if you would like to have our devs look into this in more detail, (during normal business hours) please file a support ticket on or help desk. Make sure to include as many details as possible to help our devs troubleshoot, including answers to the previous questions posted by devs in this thread (identified by storj logo in their avatar)

Also please note that hello@storj.io is not the correct email to file support tickets, that email is not being monitored by our support team.

1 Like

I filed a support ticket.

Could you all help us fix this issue? Our app is in production, and we are an active, paying customer on our prod account.

Thank you for filing the support ticket. Adding more detailed information about your internet connection would be helpful for troubleshooting. Please add the answers to the following questions:

• Can you rule out that it is a problem with a particular ISP?
  • Can you specify whether the problem is with IPv4 or IPv6 or both?
  • Can you check the specific domains:

Note that your ticket will be attended during our support office hours as stated in our Terms of Service:

Between 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. US Eastern Time on Business Days for Severity Level 1 Errors

Between 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. US Eastern Time on Business Days for other Support Requests

One of our support agents may be available to answer even outside those hours, but if they need to escalate this to the dev team, the above office hours Monday through Friday apply.

Please also provide the email address used for the paying customer account that is having these issues (please add this to the ticket you filed).

Thanks for the ticket @awcchungster. It would be helpful to get traceroutes from the mobile devices experiencing the issues. Given the note of android, I’ve included a link to an application that will allow you to run a traceroute. This information is critical for locating where the issue is. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manageengine.pingapp

We have a team here testing across the globe, we will report if we are unable to load from a region.

1 Like

@awcchungster @arcticfly Downloading your application now. Will report after testing.

1 Like

Here is a video testing RealityMaps from Phoenix, Arizona (USA). I was unable to replicate images not loading but will continue to try.

[IMG_0415.MOV | Storj DCS]

One observation we had was that if you scroll fast, past images that have loaded it continues to load images you have scrolled past.

2 Likes

Hi @Dominick,

Like we mentioned before, this is not consistent. The outage occurred for several days and then was fixed. IT then happened again when I created the ticket.

My takeaway for the Storj team is that this needs to be monitored. The Storj status shows always online when it is not. Our team should not be getting alerts from users as a way to determine if our app’s vendors are functioning or not.

Thank you, we will confirm the monitoring on our side. Appreciate the clarification that this is not currently occurring.