Second(new) node offline

I mean one that your trying to get running. if not I would try changing your ports -p 28968:28967 to -p 28968:28968
I havent messed with running 2 nodes on one PC to much but when I did I also changed those ports cause im willing to be theres something conflicting with the ports.

That won’t work. -p 28968:28967 is correct.

2 Likes

it will work if i change that port in the config, no? problem is, i’ve already tried that too:( with no luck

as you already discovered, it won’t work cause it is incorrect. -p 28968:28967 is the correct line to put in the config file, but of course this also assumes you properly forwarded TCP port 28968 on your router.

Well, personnally, I actually set like this “-p yourlocalIP:28968:28968”, because I also have changed the port in config (server.address: :28968 and in the router like you), and server listens locally (public server starts at 28068 in the logs) and externally at this port, and it fixed my issue published on the forum, but sometimes, there are no traffic for a portion of minutes (but the node is still online, and I can test the port responding normally in the online tools). I suggest you wait at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before you decide to stop again. Also, don’t forget to open the port in your firewall if you have one on your system.

But its not exactly the same setup than you, I run on Docker Desktop on Windows 10, with two different ethernet interfaces connected also on Windows and working independly (I only use the first one on the system, and the second one to link the local devices of the second router and monitor/connect remotely all of them at the same place), each one connected to a router with a different ISP. So the local IP is different and I add it in the command (first one is on 192.168.178.2 and second one 192.168.1.2), but I guess you have only one local network for both?

Please leave the config.yaml as it originally was. To get this working you need to only change the run command. You seem to have the right setup for that with -p 28968:28967. I suggest using the same IP as your other node as you know that works for that node. Make sure the address has port 28968 as well.

Then with the node stopped, check that the port shows as closed. Start the node and check that it’s now open. If all of that is true, give it 2 hours.

1 Like

I was testing a second node on OS (linux) didnt start at first, I then deleted the config file and restarted the node and it started right up without changing anything. “The config was an old config fyi”

that’s what i’m looking at now…

Ok, after lots of tests and stuff, i got it to work. My problem was somehow DOCKER. I uninstalled it, install it again (after reading somewhere about port conflicts and stuff) and magically it all started to work!

What a pain …

1 Like