Server rpc error: code = PermissionDenied desc = info requested from untrusted peer

Hello,
I’m a node operator for more than 2 months. Usage of my node is:
258.4 GB 75.2 GB 183.2 GB (since Aug 1)
433.1 GB TOTAL AFTER WIPEOUT.

Recently, I think I’m not receiving data that I should.
When I look at network monitor for that node I mostly flatline and some spikes. It looks like it starts download or upload and then it is terminated.

Logs shows me this:

ERROR server rpc error: code = PermissionDenied desc = info requested from untrusted peer

----> Do I become untrusted peer or I’m just receiving from untrusted peer?

and…
ERROR: pickfirstBalancer: failed to NewSubConn: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = grpc: the client connection is closing

also…
server piecestore internal: infodb: context canceled

storj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*pieceinfo).Add:66            
    storj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload:358            
    storj.io/storj/pkg/pb._Piecestore_Upload_Handler:701                    
    storj.io/storj/pkg/server.(*Server).logOnErrorStreamInterceptor:23      
    google.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).processStreamingRPC:1134               
    google.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).handleStream:1185                      
    google.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).serveStreams.func1.1:703

I created new container pointing to accumulated data and to my cert key but it seems it didn’t help.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Error Codes: What they mean and Severity Level [READ FIRST]

Hi am just starting using the node and am getting this error

2019-09-04T15:01:13.787Z ERROR server rpc error: code = PermissionDenied desc = untrusted peer 1QzDKGHDeyuRxbvZhcwHU3syxTYtU1jHy5duAKuPxja3XC8ttk

i had perfrom

nslookup8.8.8.8

and it replied to my ip correctly and i also check the port from outside

the drive is connected to a nas on ISCSI so it should be transparent to the docker

also getting

2019-09-04T15:01:17.076Z ERROR nodestats:cache Get disk space usage query failed {“error”: “node stats service error: rpc error: code = PermissionDenied desc = node not found: 12jD8BSKahZzPsQShuNEFxMpMMZS4um6vhxtFpQwRCArBvyFvmx”, “errorVerbose”: "node stats service error: rpc error: code = PermissionDenied des

Hello @krz30, the error untrusted peer is normal and can be safely ignored, if you want to read up on what the various different error messages mean please head over to https://forum.storj.io/t/error-codes-what-they-mean-and-severity-level-read-first/518

2 Likes

https://forum.storj.io/t/error-untrusted-trust-context-canceled-after-update-to-v0-15-2/661/4?u=enca

How is the format/way to connect directly to Kademlia satellite?
I dont found any on Documentation or Forum,

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Enca,
Welcome to the forum!

Why do you need this information?

Hello Alexey,

Im getting untrusted peer error (asuming that is from Storjnet), and i want to allow them to continue viewing my stats
http://storjnet.info/@12Eq74XNgG4YmBhtZJWUbowWTEKwLb3Fs6rfv7bYXwzVLvmUe6J

Im getting this error from StorageNode Logs

gRPC unary error response {"error": "rpc error: code = PermissionDenied desc = untrusted peer 1QzDKGHDeyuRxbvZhcwHU3syxTYtU1jHy5duAKuPxja3XC8ttk"}

You have a two options to allow this satellite:

• add this satellite to the trusted. In this case customers of that satellite can store data on your node for free;
  • disable the trust checking. In that case anybody can take your private info, include email address, wallet address and so on

Hello Alexey,

afaik, storjnet is now deprecated/disabled?

best regards.

I don’t know, it’s made by community member

Hello Alexey,

Trusting in Storjnet(1QzDKGHDeyuRxbvZhcwHU3syxTYtU1jHy5duAKuPxja3XC8ttk), will be able to get my statistics again? and if it is yes, what i need to configure to trust in that peer?

Best regards.

Yes, it will be able. And it will be able to store the data on your node for free too.
You can see an option to whitelist a satellite via

docker exec -it storagenode ./storagenode setup --help

Usually, the name of the parameter can be used as option in the config.yaml file, just should be valid for YAML

Hi, how can I post on your Forum?

I have issue with this message on my node:
node stats service error: rpc error: code = PermissionDenied desc = node not found

Hello @phkaham ,
Welcome to the forum!
You can just create a topic anywhere.

Regarding the error, it’s easily searched here, the answer is: