Setting Up RPi4 64Bit

Have to save the sd card on a sd image, can’t figure it out the best tool to do it! If something goes bad i want to have it back online in no time! Have to shut down the nodes for some time! i want to be as quick and perfect as possible!

I would recommend to copy/move node’s identity to the disk with its data. The identity without its data is useless and data without its identity is useless too.

it will not, but it could be disqualified for lost data since backup if you restore blobs from the backup.

Where do i find node identity?

On the node’s dashboard, both web and CLI, also in logs or requesting from the identity:

1 Like

Is it possible to have same Node ID on two different nodes? On command line i’m able to see two nodes and their logs! On node’s dashboard the node id is the same!

storagewars@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
e8ce4e034c4a storjlabs/storagenode:latest “/entrypoint --opera…” 26 hours ago Up 26 hours 127.0.0.1:14003->14002/tcp, 0.0.0.0:28968->28967/tcp, 0.0.0.0:28968->28967/udp, :::28968->28967/tcp, :::28968->28967/udp storagenode2
dd40e864c1bb storjlabs/storagenode:latest “/entrypoint --opera…” 28 hours ago Up 27 hours 127.0.0.1:14002->14002/tcp, 0.0.0.0:28967->28967/tcp, 0.0.0.0:28967->28967/udp, :::28967->28967/tcp, :::28967->28967/udp storagenode
c385aa961387 hello-world “/hello” 3 days ago Exited (0) 3 days ago frosty_fermat

No. This is mean that you have used the same identity for your second node, if it’s online, this identity will be disqualified in hours because of losing data of each other. Even if you used a different authorization token, but the same identity, it will still be the same identity, but each of them will not have data of each other, so it will start to fail audits pretty quick and will be disqualified.

You must generate a new identity for each node, not copy/clone the existing one.

You should read the official docs carefuly. All the sections and the FAQ. You will understand better how it all works and prevent you from doing mistakes. There is no need to rush in to setup storagenodes. They fill verry slowly. If you start them today or in 2 weeks, there is no difference. Just take your time and read the docs first.

2 Likes

Lets say i’ve created a identity for node1, moved it to it’s disk. To create identity for node2 it needs to be specified? The command should be identity create storagenode2?

No. You use storagenode2 3 etc only in docker commands when you run your nodes, if they are on the same machine. There can’t be 2 containers with the same name. The identity dosen’t care how your container is named. Each identity must be placed on it’s own disk, where the node’s data is. The folder can have the same name on both disks, if you have 2 nodes.
And the indentity creation system dosen’t care how many nodes you have. It just creates a new unique identity every time you run the steps; dosen’t care for who is it and how many nodes that person/persons have.

I try to get other authorization! It says error!

You need a new identity on each node, with a new authorization to generate that identity.

You need to repeat all steps for each node you start, including token, identity, setup, run. Each node has it’s own story, starting since the begining.

1 Like

It doesn’t allow me to create other token!

To be not too kind: if you really need help for every step along the way, is it really your call to be a storage node operator?

It it doesn’t allow you to create another token, than you have still the files left in your home folder. It will say so if you try to do: identity create storagenode.

Just move them to another location if you’re using the files for another node (adapt also the path in your docker instruction). Otherwise remove them, if you already did so. And then create a new identity. Make sure to sign them adequately.

Essentially: just follow the manual and read the feedback the commands give you:
Step 5. Create an Identity - Storj Docs

You may use a different name for the second identity:

identity create storagenode2

it will create a new identity in the folder storagenode2 (the command will print where is it stored), so you then can authorize it with a new authorization token (identity authorize storagenode2 ...) and move the identity folder to the disk for data.

I was unable to create a new token with that email! So tried a different one! :sweat_smile:

If you were unable to request a new Auth token with the same email, that means you have not properly signed the first identity for the first node yet.

1 Like

Is there anything i can do fix it? Any log to be seen? I’m receiving data

It should give you a new authorization token, if a previous one is used, otherwise it will give you the same token.

So, you do not need to use a different email address to get a new authorization token.

Why it gives an error? Is there anything i can do to make it work properly? How do i troubleshoot it?