Should I change max-concurrent-requests? >> Note: The implementation has changed. You shouldn't use this setting any longer. Leave it commented out

It was communicated in this pinned topic.

Right, but I don’t suppose all SNOs are watching what is going on the forum? If switching to “latest” was of the upmost importance, surely we would have been notified by e-mail?

Aah right. Well in that case… :sweat_smile:
In a way these SNOs just wanna be on their own though… all other SNOs could be notified anyway :slight_smile: But then I guess some would complain because they don’t want to receive any e-mails…

Oh well. I’ll just subscribe to topics recommended by Alexey:

Thx! :relieved:

1 Like

Exactly :slight_smile:
Maybe forum not so fast way as email, but you have a choice - receive notifications or not.

yeah they really should get better at informing us about such changes in a more direct way that allows the passive SNO’s to not be engaged in the forum…

but i’m sure that will be changed some time…

well then maybe we should get this kind of notifications on the dashboard…

Hopefully the known bug about “cancelled upload - error message displayed in the log when the upload wasn’t actually cancelled” is fixed so that SNO’s can identify accurate success rate for uploads.

I think I set this value to something like 40 or 50 when it was initially introduced with a default value of 7, which caused errors. Increase to 40~50 seems I no longer see the error message but also I don’t want to have this unlimited ie 2000 connections etc. This value should be tweaked to cater for the type of hardware SNO is running.

If it’s left commented, is there any logs/monitor to verify what the peak # of connections are for this setting ?

Back then I was using it too. But they still used gRPC at the time, which required the limit to prevent running into issues. Currently transfers use their own dRPC which can handle many more simultaneous transfers without issues. I believe you can monitor these stats. Have a look at this: Guide to debug my storage node, uplink, s3 gateway, satellite

As for the logging issue, it’s in the works, might not be in the next release though. https://github.com/storj/storj/commit/e9dd5b284534962004416e7bc733ddd582b78aef

1 Like