Should we still use BETA tag when pulling latest image from docker?

I notice in DockerHub that newest releases not tagged with BETA. Should we stop using that tag now that V3 is in production?

4 Likes

Good question, I’d like to know that too.

Same here. For new SNOs that could be confusing.

tried a download with the :beta in place and it says I already got the latest ( 34.6)

tried a download without any :beta and it downloaded ‘latest’. But that version won’t start, it restart itself time after time.

Started storj with :beta (34.6) and it’s up an running again, total downtime 80 sec :slight_smile:

I wait as the Storj staff want and see if watchtower will do its job and update to the 35.3 release which I assume is the production release ?

That’s the correct approach. When it’s time to change any tags Storj will let us know through blog, notifications in email, forum annoucement … Do not rush to update by experimenting with tags and risk losing your node.

1 Like

We have not yet updated the tags for the docker images. If you remove the beta tag, you will get a bad version, so please do not attempt that until we have updated the tagging script.

3 Likes

Is this still the case? I have a notification to update from v1.1.1 to 1.3.3, but beta tag appears not updated for 20 days, whereas 1.3.3 is 4 days old.

Are you using docker for Linux/Windows or GUI for Windows ?

EDIT: answered in another post.

Is this still the case? I have a notification to update from v1.1.1 to 1.3.3, but beta tag appears not updated for 20 days, whereas 1.3.3 is 4 days old.

I’m in the same situation.

I’m using docker for Linux, so far I have had no problems to upgrade the image automatically. I’m stuck in the node version 1.1.1 getting notifications to upgrade to 1.3.3, but I can’t if I use the BETA tag. I try to force and generate de container again but i get the same 1.1.1 version.

Don’t mess with the tag and ruin your node.

Ignore the notifications, its a :bug:

Setup watchtower from the documentation and it will update automatically. Be patient!

1 Like