Shrink node storage size

Hi,

I there any way to shrink node size other than changing STORAGE size and waiting about 2 months for every 500GB (from what I observed)?

Long story in short:
I have old 12TB node on RAID (my mistake) and I want to shrink it to below 8TB to put on single disk. I want to give my node a new home, other option is to delete it.
And I don’t want to wait 1 year.

Is this feature still in //TODO for 4 years? :confused:
How to Shrink my node Storj v3 - Node Operators / FAQ - Storj Community Forum (official)

I can’t think of a way to do it faster than setting it to 8tb and waiting for the data to fall off. Like you mentioned, this could take a long time. If you have some time, you could gracefully exit and then start the node over. Which is a better option than just shutting it down and losing your escrow on it. But if you need the space quickly, shutting it down may be your only option. Obviously you could purchase a new drive and use that instead, but I don’t think you’re looking for solutions that cost $$$.

1 Like

Just in case he might: https://diskprices.com/
:smiley:

You could delete one or more of the blob folders to get your node just below 8TB. You will get disqualified from the corresponding satellites, but the remaining satellites will keep working.

GE for one satelite will take only one month.

1 Like

There is no other options except reducing the allocation and wait until customers will remove their data or call a GE for one or more satellites.

You may also put it offline for some time - part of data could be removed after you bring it online, but it’s too risky.

1 Like